Fund Administrator, Associate 1
Who we are looking for
Deliver high quality client service both internally and externally by incorporating experience and industry knowledge in daily workflow so as to complete increasingly complex tasks on time and accurately.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Fund Administrator, Associate 1 you will :
- Complete all tasks including the handling of all complex calls and queries, to a high quality, to meet client requirements in a timely and accurate manner
- Quality control of transactions processed and client correspondence
- Assist in the delivery of on the job training and development of other administrators.
- Ensure business standards and client deadlines are met on a consistent basis
- Actively initiate Error, Fines & Loss analysis
- Escalate client issues where necessary
- Adhere to procedures in relation to all tasks
- Administration of Clients trades and maintenance of register, processing of cash movements and reconciliation
- Identify process efficiencies in the course of their daily work and propose to line managers
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of Transfer Agency processes and Systems
- Gain broad expertise on company products
- Build and maintain internal network of contacts
- Display thorough understanding of the following tasks:-
- Issuance of contract notes and settlement confirms
- Processing of monetary settlement, money in/out and FX process
- Administration of commission payments
- Processing of Fund distribution
- Units in Issue reporting and reconciliation
- Reconciliation completion and clearance of trades and cash
- Processing of register maintenance requests
- Liaise with other departments in an effective manner
- Provide/seek regular feedback to team leader
- Act as an effective team player & deputies for immediate supervisor when appropriate
- Show organization skills for oneself and others
- Display effective team focus by assisting colleagues in their daily routine
- Positively influencing team morale in order to achieve set standards and goals
- Show willingness to assume additional tasks in order to share workload within team/department
- Maintaining a “can do” attitude
- Display initiative
- Administration of Clients/Investors correspondence
- Display awareness of daily work levels and overall business needs by
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Excellent administrative and business support skills, with the ability to multi-task and to work calmly under pressure.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational, planning and co-ordination skills.
- Ability to work accurately to tight deadlines
- Proactive and able to work independently and as part of a team
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Detailed understanding of procedural, technical and product requirements within Transfer Agency business
- Fresh graduate with little or even no experience is acceptable
- Accurate and Precise
- Team Oriented
- Excellent communications skills
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.