Experienced Associate - Corporate Secretarial
DescriptionWhether you’ve just graduated or have years of experience, this is a firm where you can learn and grow. It’s the PwC experience that stays with you as you build strong networks and make lasting friendships. Be part of a larger team as we work together, drawing on everyone's knowledge and skills to reimagine the possible. Join PwC today for the experience that stays with you.
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Company Secretariat practice, within Legal Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients adopt a more strategic approach to global entity governance across their organisations. We help our clients and their legal entities with the incorporation of new companies, on going compliance with local legislation, and restructuring of their global businesses to manage governance and compliance risks.
Our team helps our clients ensure they are compliant with statutory obligations based on best practice and amended rules and regulations. You’ll help clients with board compliance and governance, corporate governance consultancy services, and health checks based on client’s secretarial arrangements.
The team provides practical and effective assistance to our clients in the corporate secretarial function to ensure that all statutory compliance requirements are fully met. Our aim is to provide value-added services and solutions that are flexible and tailored to the particular circumstances and needs of our clients.
- Assist with formation of different types of entities, closure as well as establishment of Representative Office.
- Assist with the application of business license and related matters
- Supporting the Company Secretary Managers in servicing a portfolio of clients in terms of preparation of statutory documents and ensuring compliance with the Companies Act 2016, Constitution, Company Law and any other relevant regulations.
- Maintenance of statutory records, including resolutions, minutes, returns and registers.
- Attend Board meetings and Members’ meetings and prepare the relevant documents.
- Prepare proposals and conduct risk and quality checks on clients.
- Conduct searches at and application to the Companies Commission of Malaysia.
- Liaise with clients, authorities and/or third parties to ensure completion of work.
- Assist in other secretarial administration work from time to time.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Invite and give in the moment feedback in a constructive manner.
- Share and collaborate effectively with others.
- Identify and make suggestions for improvements when problems and/or opportunities arise.
- Handle, manipulate and analyse data and information responsibly.
- Follow risk management and compliance procedures.
- Keep up-to-date with developments in area of specialism.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in the materials I produce.
- Build and maintain an internal and external network.
- Seek opportunities to learn about how PwC works as a global network of firms.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- ICSA. Those pursuing ICSA and has a Degree or Diploma in Corporate Secretarial, Business Administration, Law or related disciplines will be considered.
- 1 year work experience in Corporate Secretarial and related matters.
- Possess high degree of professionalism and integrity, ability to communicate with various level of management and keen to work in consulting and client facing environment.
- Experienced in dealing with external clients although will be based in the office.
- Good command of oral and written English.
- Good team player.
Additional application instructions
Please attach following documents along with your CV when you submit an online application:
- Certificates and Transcripts, from SPM (or equivalent) onwards
- A copy of your NRIC or passport
- Recent passport size photo
Up to 20%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.