BI Reporting Systems Analyst
Role: BI Reporting Systems Analyst
Purpose of role:
- Support the Finance Reporting Centre of Excellence (CoE) in delivering a best in class business intelligence and financial management reporting programme for Primark.
- As a key member of the Centre of Excellence, you will build relationships with our finance community to understand their needs and lead conversations towards superior insights and business value.
- With your excellent technical and systems skills, you will deliver BI developments that make positive impacts across the organisation.
Reports to: Finance Reporting COE Controller
Location: Primark Finance Department is based in Dublin, hybrid working options available
- Responsible for management information report enhancement and development requests, ensuring reports are created with a strong focus on quality and accuracy of data
- Responsible for presentation of data using visualisation tools such as Cognos dashboards, Tableau and others
- Support the implementation of Finance report automation, consolidation and pull self-service, actively working to reduce/eliminate Excel spreadsheet based reporting
- Working closely with Finance Systems accountants to ensure database structures are fit for purpose to reduce manual reporting
- Ensure reports are created and aligned to standard style and formatting guidelines
- Support and implement technical enhancements to IBM Cognos Analytics used for financial management reporting and IBM Planning Analytics (previously known as TM1) used for planning and analysis
- Work with key stakeholders in the gathering and identification of information and reporting requirements and translate them into data and BI requirements
- Support the Finance community to get the most out of our BI tools by encouraging user engagement with BI tools, including training, knowledge-sharing and other capability demonstrations
- Support ad-hoc requests for deep dive financial analysis from Finance business partners
- Creating and maintaining up to date documentation in relation to reporting and business logic
- Act as ambassador for BI best practice and encourage maximum take-up of self-service BI.
Essential knowledge, skills and capabilities
- Previous experience with IBM Cognos Analytics and IBM Planning Analytics powered by TM1 (known as TM1) are essential, along with experience with Microsoft SQL and visualisation tools
- Demonstrable experience of report writing and dashboard development in IBM Cognos
- Demonstrable experience in supporting and implementing technical enhancements to BI planning and reporting tools
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Skilled in designing easy to use reporting dashboards and report visualisation
- Understands requirements gathering, process mapping and the discovery stage of projects and accurately assess impact on existing systems and processes
- Detail orientated with meticulous attention to detail
- Good understanding of Data Governance principals.
Successful candidates will meet the following criteria
- Educated to a degree level +
- Accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CPA or equivalent) is desirable
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment / retail / FMCG
- Excellent communication and presentational skills and effective team worker
- Self-motivated with the ability to proactively plan and prioritise work independently and work within agreed timescales.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.