IFDS TAO Project Manager - SA
1. JOB SUMMARY
An entry-level project management role.
The Project Coordinator is responsible for the project coordination within Transfer Agency. The Project Coordinator will assist in developing business cases and requirements. He/she will actively lead project meetings, monitor the progress of the assigned projects and provide updated status to the business units. The Project Coordinator will document issues, coordinate solutions and monitor their closure. The Project Coordinator is also responsible for the coordination of testing and implementation of the project. He/she will assist in the development of procedures, controls and training. The Project Coordinator will be expected to work on several small projects at one time.
The Project Coordinator interacts with all groups involved in the project lifecycle, both internal and external, with the ultimate goal of ensuring successful completion of the project.
2. JOB DUTIES -
- External and internal reporting related to in-flight projects
- Assisting with business cases in conjunction with the Project Sponsor.
- Preparation, implementation and clear communication of plans to all stakeholders
- Liaises extensively with other departments, stakeholders and clients
- In conjunction with the team manager, ensure proactive identification and management of project risks, ensuring that the appropriate measures are taken to ensure that all stakeholders have an appropriate appreciation of the key risks and that the required steps to mitigate these risks are completed.
- Thorough documentation management throughout the project life cycle including collation of all required signoffs
- Issue tracking and management, ensuring that the appropriate stakeholders are in agreement with the resolution steps
- Reports project status and issues to business units and senior \ executive stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Budget management and project cost control
- Interfaces with other business units involved in the project and coordinates the project team and activities across all organizations involved in the project
- Coordinates internal Legal & Risk requests
- Facing off to Internal and External Audit teams when required
- Client facing activities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED –
- Minimum 3-4 years experience in financial services, preferably in Funds.
- High level understanding of Project Artefacts (plans, milestones, RAID logs etc)
- Professional qualification in accounting, banking, finance, business administration desirable
- Ability to work successfully with tight deadlines
- Experience in Client facing projects an advantage.
- Advanced computer skills : MS Office: Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, Project, Visio, SharePoint
- Knowledge of Transfer Agency function an advantage
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Strong attention to detail at both macro and micro levels.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication, interaction and influencing skills.
- Ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels
- Self-motivated, innovative and analytical.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation and facilitating skills
- Good prioritisation and time management.
- Ability to engage successfully in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Client facing skills