Fund Accounting & Administration, SrAssc
Who we are looking for:
AsFund Accounting Team Supervisor you will act as a subject matter expert in NAV reporting for our hedge fund clients. You will be accountable for providing NAV Packs and other reporting of the highest quality and accuracy in a timely manner to meet the needs of our clients.In addition you will be responsible for managing and developing the careers of your direct reports and yourself. Managing workflow, providing trainings and ensuring up-to-date procedures to strengthen technical skills, coupled with furthering the soft skills within your team.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As Fund Accounting and Administration (AIS NAV),Senior Associate you will:
- Service some of the largest Hedge Funds in the world
- Supervise the daily accounting process
- Supervise the daily position and P&L reconciliation review
- Work closely with our colleagues in each of our hub locations, reviewing the output from the fund accountants in those locations.
- Assist in preparation of Dealing Date NAV packs
- Have the opportunity to work with complex financial instruments
- Assist in semi-annual & annual audits
- Provide excellent client service
- Assist team development
- During the course of normal day to day operation, responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented
- Ability to perform effectively within strict client deadlines
- Enthusiastic leadership skills and ability to engage others.
- Ambition to succeed and forge a long term career in one of the largest Funds Servicing companies in the world
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years in Fund Accounting or similar financial industry
- PC literate and competent in use of Excel
- Finance, Accounting or Business Degree #IJ