Senior Analyst, Product Control (12 month Fixed Term Contract)
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Product Controls main service is the daily monitoring of investment restrictions. The setup of funds, the programming of rules and system improvements in the investment compliance tool MIG21 are managed within the team. The team is in charge of various projects and special area tasks like the screening and implementation of new laws and guidelines, the advisory and approval of new funds and internal investment guidelines, netting & hedging checks, hedged share classes, sec lending and collateral checks, OTC derivatives, NAV timeliness, impact analysis, the creation of sophisticated reports and the implementation of a new investment compliance system. We collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders like Portfolio Managers, Clients, Client Relationship Managers, Manco Oversight Teams, Fund Engineering Teams, Product Managers, Mancos, Depositaries, Auditors and many internal Operations teams.
Additionally, the team performs oversight and is center of excellence for investment restriction, NAV plausibility and liquidity risk services for international clients (e.g. UK, IRL, LUX).
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Monitoring fund’s investment restrictions (fund prospectus, KAG, KKV, KKV-FINMA, BVV2, UCITS, internal investment guidelines)
- Responding to client queries and requests, product management, portfolio managers, operation departments, legal, compliance, auditors, etc.
- Maintaining and optimizing our compliance application, by parameterizing funds, programming rules and implementing new functions
- Migrating funds from MIG21 to the new investment compliance application FundWare
- Higher education in economics (University or Fachhochschule)
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Good knowledge of financial markets, asset management, complex instruments, derivatives and accounting
- Knowledge of Swiss laws and guidelines for investment restriction checks (KAG, KKV, KKV-FINMA, BVV2, FINMA-Guidelines, SFAMA-Guidelines) is an advantage
- Committed, pro-active and efficient
- Fluent in German and English
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.