Senior Analyst, General Accounting & Management Accounting (GAMA)
Key Activities & Deliverables
- Coordinate and execute month end, quarter end and year end closing activities to ensure timely and accurate closure of accounts in compliance with work instructions and month end Financial Closing Checklist;
- Creation and maintenance of master data – Cost element, Cost Center, Profit Center. WBS, etc.;
- Preparation of accounting journals and ensure it is prepared accurately and posted timely;
- Responsible for fixed assets accounting – creation, disposal, maintenance, transfer, depreciation run and reporting;
- To process receipts payment made by customers accurately and within specific timescales. Process all cash application, remittance reconciliation and reporting requests for assigned countries;
- Process trade related rebates, debit and credit notes. Intercompany processing and monthly reconciliation, highlight and rectify anomalies encountered;
- Generate statement of accounts and submit to affiliate for dispatching to the customers;
- Review customer past due statements, research and reconcile outstanding items;
- Attend to all matters requested for accounts receivable and trade finance as and when required;
- Initiate the dunning process and generate reminders for overdue accounts;
- Provide the outstanding balance for 3rd party customer;
- Process valuation on general provision of bad debts allowance;
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliation, highlight/rectify any anomalies encountered, including clearing of open items;
- Submission of monthly, quarterly and yearly reporting packages accurately and within specified timescale (e.g.: FinCo, Sustainability, Insurance, etc.);
- Support internal and external audit matters by ensuring timely submission of required audit schedules and providing financial supporting documents and information to auditors;
- Support tax matters by preparing tax schedules, providing financial supporting documents and information to tax consultant;
- Other accounting and reporting tasks that are relevant to closing of the financial books;
- Ensure service level agreements (SLA) and monthly performance and productivity KPIs are met.
Documentation & Controlling
- Ensure all work documentation and work processes are updated and meet with Internal Control Financial Reporting (ICFR), group policies and guidelines, local statutory and legal requirements within agreed service timelines;
- Perform back up function and other duties, including job rotation to other functional teams as and when required;
- Participate in any compliance audits and respond to audit queries.
Transformation / Continuous Improvement Implementations
- Work collaboratively with customers and stakeholders;
- Engage and support the teams in the implementation of continuous improvement project;
- Proactively identify, recommend and implement solutions in consultation with the management for continuous improvement opportunities in the areas of operation;
- Assist to ensure effective knowledge transfer as for sustainable development knowledge and sharing of best practices within the team.
Other relevant tasks may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Degree or Diploma in Finance & Accounting/Commerce or equivalent;
- Good communication skills and able to communicate effectively in English;
- Minimum 3 years of experience in end-to-end General Ledger works;
- Experience using SAP accounting system and MS Office tools.
- External experience in a shared service centre or business process outsourcing engagement will be preferable.
Who we are
At Roche, more than 100,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
The Roche Services & Solutions as well as People Support Solutions organisations located in Kuala Lumpur provide end-to-end business solutions for Finance, Procurement, IT, Communications, People & Culture (Human Resources) and beyond to our Roche colleagues across the APAC region. Today Roche employs altogether around 1100 employees in Malaysia.
Roche is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.