Financial Services (FS) partner with all areas of CommBank to provide specialist advice on financial management and strategy. This advice covers finance, audit, treasury, investor relations, investment development, property and security.
The Global Finance Systems and Control team is a trusted servicer provider and advisor, an acts as the “hub” for FS in terms of system/ledger controls, and the provision of core finance processes to the Group. The team are focused on data alignment via robust, best practice data processes, reconciliations and controls.
Your contribution to the team will be:
- Systems Accounting
- PeopleSoft, FDM & DQ Maintenance
- Projects and Productivity
- Accounting Governance
- Partner with Stakeholders to automate processes and reduce manual processes
Key duties will include:
- Utilise system process knowledge to influence decision making and drive change including PeopleSoft (General Ledger and sub-modules), Nubis &FDM (Source to General Ledger transformation tool), GDW (Group Data Warehouse), Account Reconciliation (ARCS) & Essbase/Planning (EPBCS).
- Drive and support system related design, planning, strategy, prioritisations, testing, implementations and system control functions to meet business requirements.
- Documentation of processes and methodologies in line with Group standards.
- Identify/analyse data/process issues and work with the relevant parties to develop and implement solutions.
- Manage system availability and ongoing monitoring, including incident management.
- Effectively manage relationships and communications with finance stakeholders and delivery teams
- Analysis of system validation breaks, drive resolutions on BICD/PSOB issues, and monitor incident resolution
- Contribute and approve all enhancements to the PeopleSoft Finance and FDM Systems
- Maintain source to general ledger mappings
- Identify and clear all exceptions relating to processing of data in the core finance systems
- Maintain chartfield and hierarchy changes in PeopleSoft General Ledger
- Perform daily system checks and validations/reconciliations
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- University degree business, accounting and/or technology
- CA/CPA qualification, or undertaking
- Knowledge of Teradata and Essbase cubes (or database structures)
- Excellent attention to detail & data analytics
- Knowledge of transforming customer system data to general ledger reporting
- Large project/systems replacement experience
- Strong financial control including reconciliation, analysis, investigation and reporting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in PeopleSoft financials (or similar system)
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
In Financial Services we take a proactive approach to your career development. Your on-going development would be part of an integrated development plan. If you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities we can offer great opportunities.
Whether you want to move across the organisation or up into a leadership role, the way you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities are key. Use the capabilities required for this role as a guide to the critical skills and behaviours you need for your next move.
If you would like to hear more about this role please Apply.
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority.This means that we require all of our employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 11/08/2022
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.