Assistant Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
Life at Grab
At Grab, every Grabber is guided by The Grab Way, which spells out our mission, how we believe we can achieve it, and our operating principles - the 4Hs: Heart, Hunger, Honour and Humility. These principles guide and help us make decisions as we work to create economic empowerment for the people of Southeast Asia.
Get to know the Team:
You will be part of the Regional FP&A team supporting People Operations, Facilities, Corporate Security and Technology department and their leadership teams.
Get to know the Role:
As a Regional FP&A Assistant Manager, you will be expected to work directly with the business stakeholders and play the role of a Finance business partner (FBP) to support these regional organizations, as well as partnering with Procurement teams to manage their day-to-day activities. Key success factors for this role include strong analytical skills, good communication and presentation skills, good business acumen and ability to work independently in a start-up environment. This role will report to the Senior Manager of FP&A, based out of Singapore HQ.
The Day-to-Day Activities:
- Support and manage the budgeting, forecasting and long-term planning process for the assigned regional departments as part of the Regional FP&A/Center of Excellence (COE) team.
- Track and monitor actual spending against budget for various cost centers across different countries to provide insights on risks and opportunities on overall P&L and Total Overhead Costs (including staff costs and G&A spend)
- Involved in cost optimization initiatives/opportunities across various departments in a large and complex technology company.
- Work closely with wider FP&A and Accounting teams to help improve reporting processes and tools (including but not limited to budgeting systems, management reporting systems and other financial reporting interfaces).
- Able to deal with multiple stakeholders across all management levels in multiple countries.
- Able to identify operating costs drivers and provide insightful analysis to help stakeholders develop governance models/ cadence processes to predict spending trends and steer the teams to manage spend within the approved budget.
- Able to support and conduct monthly P&L financial review with the Business Leadership teams.
- Experienced in working in a fast-paced environment with high performing teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting (or related)
- Advanced Excel & G sheet skills in building complex financial models and experience with using Oracle Accounting systems, TM1 & Anaplan systems.
- Ability to translate business requirements / queries into financial analysis and financial projections/models.
- More than 5 years of experience in financial/business analysis and supporting business teams. Preferably with experience in business partnering.
- Strong sense of ownership to see projects to completion.
- Good presentation, communication skills and good interpersonal skills with ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across different levels.
- Strong integrity and not afraid to raise concerns or highlight opportunities.
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to think creatively “outside the box”
We are committed to building diverse teams and creating an inclusive workplace that enables all Grabbers to perform at their best, regardless of nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, gender identity or sexual orientation and other attributes that make each Grabber unique.
Grab is the leading super app platform in Southeast Asia, providing everyday services that matter to consumers. Today, the Grab app has been downloaded onto millions of mobile devices, giving users access to over 9 million drivers, merchants, and agents. Grab offers a wide range of on-demand services in the region, including mobility, food, package and grocery delivery services, mobile payments, and financial services across 428 cities in eight countries.
Join us today to drive Southeast Asia forward, together.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia