Reinsurance Reporting Accountant
A member of the UK Specialist Accounting Team with responsibility for all accounting and analysis relating to reinsurance. You will have responsibility for both calculating the P&L impact and understanding and managing the balance sheet. You will work closely with Actuarial, UK Finance Reporting and the central Group CoE team responsible for reinsurance placement and management, to manage all aspects of reinsurance financial and statutory reporting. You will also spend time with UK Finance business partners and Analysts on a monthly basis to analyse and explain the UK reinsurance premium result. You will have the opportunity to use and develop your skills in a variety of topics including working on strategic business projects. You will add value through your ability to understand and clearly communicate with others about business performance.
Carrying out calculation, analysis and reforecast of financial data including:
• Calculation of the reported result on a quarterly basis for central reinsurance contracts (IRV, GVC) including booking to SAP general ledger and Star3 consolidation system.
• Quarterly and annual Solvency II reporting for reinsurance.
• Assisting with data and reconciliations to support implementation of IFRS 17.
• Analysis of reinsurance assets and premiums.
• Annual Loss Development Tables.
• Developing strong relationships across the finance and the wider business community including other regions, whilst managing stakeholders to ensure smooth delivery of outputs.
• Communicating and liaising with colleagues in order to understand and investigate variances.
• Gathering, validating and compiling quantitative and qualitative information / data from multiple internal and external sources.
• Completing annual statutory and regulatory information including providing information to external auditors. Contributing to wider projects and initiatives as required.
• Understanding Data – Advanced
• Effective Communication – Intermediate
• Presentation of Financial Data – Intermediate
• Financial and Business Modelling & Forecasting – Intermediate
• Commercial Insight and Advice – Intermediate
• Using Judgement – Intermediate
• Delivering results –Advanced
• Proficient in excel
• Ability to work to tight deadlines
We’re a leading international general insurer. Stable, strong, and well-established, we’ve been providing peace of mind to individuals and protecting businesses from risk for over 300 years. At the same time, we are agile, high performing, fast paced and innovative - we are an insurer for the 21st Century. Our culture embraces our core values of Respect, Integrity, Excellence, being Customer Driven, and Corporate Generosity.We know what quality looks like, we recognise and reward quality people and quality work. We take the time to appreciate each individual strength, unique skill, or collaborative effort. We celebrate our successes and professional achievement. We respect everyone for who they are, what they do and the diverse talents they bring to our team.
Best in Class Finance Function
Our vision is to be trusted to protect and create value through insightful financial information and advice, underpinned by financial excellence and efficient execution. We have created a high quality & award-winning Finance Centre of Excellence. We continue to strive to be the best finance team in insurance. Our team encompasses all aspects of Finance from transaction processing, accounting and financial reporting, business partnership and performance monitoring, through to leading digital financial planning, and FP&A activities, as well as optimised capital and balance sheet management. We are now also benefiting from being part of a truly global finance function following our integration as part of the Intact Financial Corporation, a leading global insurer. Continuous Investment in systems and process improvement will help us maintain our edge. We aim to provide ample development opportunities and career pathways for our employees across the finance function. In Finance, we are committed to playing a key role to ensure that both RSA & the Intact group have an edge and outperform.
What we offer
Benefits, recognition, and opportunities for progression are all available at RSA. Our people, our culture, the vibe, and support everyone offers to each other is special. Our open culture means people are able to respectfully voice any opinions or concerns they might have and feel confident that you’ll proactively work with them and consider their feedback. This helps everyone to feel valued, respected, and well-cared for. Great people are the reason why people join RSA and the reason why people stay. A feeling that everyone is working together and looking out for each other. We are embracing hybrid working with the role split between office and home. We will ensure that you have all the tools and equipment you need to work in both environments so you can contribute your best every day.