We are looking for an enthusiastic Tax Administrator to join our Bristol Tax team.
A pivotal role in co-ordinating the tax administration of the local offices. Communication with key client relationship holders on a day-to-day basis and being their go to person for tax administration. Liaising with other offices to ensure firmwide consistency of workflow.
Recognised as one of the Top 5 Best Accounting Firms to Work For., Bishop Fleming’s core values support our ambition of being a rewarding place for our people, clients and communities. With over 400 staff based across 7 offices, we are one of the UK’s fastest growing accountancy practices and are renowned for offering a rewarding yet supportive working environment.
This is great opportunity for someone who is looking to contribute to the success of an ambitious business that is renowned for being a fantastic employer.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Ensure consistency of client data across software platforms
- Professional clearance requests
- Engagement letters
- ML checks
- D/W HMRC re agency records
- Monitoring staff responsibilities on software
- Maintaining client contact details across software platforms
- Co-ordinating ML searches
- Co-ordinating the distribution of client tax return records across the team
- Ensure tax return trackers are up to date and assisting with the chasing of outstanding return information and submission agreements from clients.
- Dealing with routine requests from HMRC/liaising with HMRC where required regarding client information and payment/repayment allocations.
- Managing Tax Enquiry progress spreadsheet.
- Upload information to our 3rd party tax return processing partner (Advance Track) and monitoring return production from them.
- Assisting with P11D information requests and chasing information.
- Co-ordinating QIP reminders.
What we are looking for…
To be considered for the role, you will need to have:
- Strong administration skills gained from within a professional services environment – it would be highly desirable for applicants to have previously worked within an accountancy sector, but this isn’t essential
- Strong IT skills – good MS Word and MS Excel skills are essential
- A well organised approach to work with excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A pro-active approach to work
Please contact Katie Jinks; Resourcing Administrator if you would like to discuss this opportunity further.
We welcome applicants who would like the flexibility in their working arrangements, including working from home or part time working, which may help to accommodate parent or carer responsibilities, further studies and activities outside of work.
We are committed to welcoming new people into an inclusive working environment, where everyone is given equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We support a culture where people are valued and treated fairly with respect and differences are understood and celebrated.
The more varied our workforce, the broader the expertise within our business. The broader our expertise, the greater our chances of innovation and success. That's why we're committed to equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion at every level.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.