Senior Analyst, Order To Cash Corporate
The Senior Analyst Order to Cash (OTC) is responsible for preparing and overseeing the accounting of activity which significantly impacts the corporate financial statements, ensuring their own work & Analyst tasks are completed on time & to a high standard. The post holder will combine accounting, analytical and presentation skills to effectively and efficiently contribute to the monthly close process, as well as the ability to understand complex accounting transactions. Outputs include review of all non-US domestic Franchised & Managed contractual legal documents for financial and accounting implications, preparation of reports based on the international ageing by region and hotel type, balance sheet analysis, subledger and general ledger entries.
- Supervise, and evaluate OTC Corporate team members, by providing direction and leadership to build and maintain an effective team
- Assist with the recruitment & retention of key talent within OTC
- Support Analysts / Interns personal and professional development through coaching, mentoring and training
- Promoting a continuous improvement philosophy in the team by evaluating the effectiveness of current processes and recommending and implementing actions to streamline processes and maximise efficiency
- Work with direct reports to set goals towards the accomplishment of departmental initiatives and personal objectives.
- Perform activities in compliance with all Company policies as outlined in the global accounting policy manual.
- Execute, update and maintain accounting internal control policies and procedures and prepare supporting documentation to internal audit regarding completion of control procedures.
- Enforce policies and procedures that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the department and Company.
- Ensure SOX compliance across the high volume controls environment.
- Provide materials to external and internal auditors and provide accurate responses to audit queries.
- Ensure departmental objectives and workload priorities are followed and achieved throughout the team, providing feedback as necessary.
- Support the relationship with the shared service center and provide support where necessary to achieve company objectives.
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations in line with company policy
- Ensure new Hilton processes are standardized globally across the HAFS structure
- Ensure new processes are documented and adhere to Segregation of duty and SOX control disciplines, liaising with internal audit where necessary
- Support financial system implementation & enhancement projects including participation in the design, testing, deployment and ensuring the steady state of the system going forward.
- Work with key stakeholders and departments to deliver appropriate levels of support.
- Help to manage cross-functional links to other finance teams, the shared service center and hotels.
- Assist Consolidations and financial reporting teams with queries.
- Provide training and financial advice to the shared service center regarding processes and accounting policies.
- Review the outputs of the shared service center to ensure financial accuracy and completeness
- Prepare monthly receivable call presentation packs for review by Senior Manager
- Track Contingent / Key Money and ensure it is processed for payment when contractually required
- Perform secondary review and analysis of management and franchise agreements as prepared by OTC Analysts for financial implications and apply current Accounting policies to record transactions with guidance from OTC Leadership and Technical Accounting
- Approve the Fee Tracker inputs used to update Billing System Manager for Franchise Fee and Program Fee billings inputs
- Approve inputs into Asset Management system
- Approve journals in the Asset Management system for all areas impacted by Revenue Recognition Accounting
- Prepare reconciliation of GMFAR contracts to the OTC contracts database to ensure completeness of review and approval of all legal agreements, documenting all evidence required to comply with SOX controls
- Perform SOX Control checks and enforce compliance
- Oversee the issuance of Wire Transfers prior to presenting to leadership for payment approval
- Support the monitoring of 3rd party and development fee receivables, ensuring data is complete & accurate, contacting Snr Leaders where required for information
- Support preparation of the monthly 3rd party and development fee bad debt provision
- Prepare initial month end financial statement analytics in relation to revenue and receivables
- Support with queries and investigation regarding fee income billing and accruals
- Perform post billing revenue checks and remediation
- Support review month end revenue accruals and follow up with respective teams for remediation
- Contributor to the deferred asset and deferred liability accounting and reporting
- Preparation and initial review of deferred asset and deferred liability rollforward schedules
- Log any SSC issues to support tracking of contractual compliance through metrics
- Provide guidance to SSC pertaining to processes including SOPs and training where required
- Prepare audit documentation as part of the annual Internal Audit process
- Liaise with Legal on all Franchise Licence Agreement/Management Agreement related issues
- Assist consolidations with all internal and external fee related queries
- Resolve and support resolution of escalated customer queries or disputes
- Work with relevant colleagues to resolve issues involving key money, sales tax, VAT, withholding tax, Intercompany and fee disputes; ensure timely and accurate fee accruals and produce an effective monthly close process
- Assist SSC Service Centre with all billing, cash application and helpdesk queries
2 x Analyst / Intern OTC Corporate
Required Skills/ Qualifications
- Strong technical accounting knowledge and a solid understanding of principles and practical application of US GAAP and IFRS, particularly as it pertains to revenue recognition and deferred assets and liabilities
- Strong problem solving skills, including ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others as appropriate; ability to proactively identify and prevent potential problems; ability to help develop problem solving skills among direct reports and other team members as appropriate.
- Ability to take initiative to identify, prioritise and implement all elements required for team to fulfill responsibilities in accordance with core strategic goals.
- Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple concurrent demands and appropriately prioritise responsibilities.
- Experience communicating and negotiating with all levels of management and external customers
- Good knowledge of finance modules of an ERP system such as SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft
- Highly proficient in MS Excel
- Experience in working in a SOX compliant controls environment
- BA/BS/Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- CIMA or ACCA part qualified