Senior Manager Client Solutions Finance
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
Institutional Banking and Markets (IB&M) is responsible for managing the Group’s relationships with major corporate and government clients and institutional investors, and provides a full range of capital raising, transactional and risk management products and services.
IB&M Finance supports the business in providing financial control, financial analysis and insight, product control, regulatory accounting and related project and strategy implementation support.
The IB&M Finance Client Solutions team is responsible for business analytics, performance reporting, financial support and production of valued insights for key stakeholders within the IB&M Client Solutions team across Ecosystem, Product & Client.
The Transaction Banking Solutions (TBS) team is responsible for delivering new business opportunities as well as retaining existing business from our transaction banking product offering, which includes Deposits, Merchants and International Payments. TBS is part of Client Solutions (CS) and operates across CS’s six industry ‘Ecosystems’: Natural Resources; Banks, Government and Education; Future Cities; Industrials Transport & Consumables; and Non-Bank Financial Institutions.
The role is responsible for driving Finance engagement with business stakeholders, as well as providing high quality financial reporting and client analytics. The role requires both strategic high level planning with specific detailed, in depth focus into specific areas.
Do work that matters
- Managing a team of 2 managers
- Responsibilities will span across 3 core layers: Business Partnering, Financial Control of Client data and value added commercial insights and optimisation
- Partner with the Client Solutions Managing Directors within the business to provide high quality, client-focused performance reporting, forecasting, and insights across all IB&M client product sets
- Relate business performance to financial outcomes through detailed review, analysis and understanding of business and financial drivers.
- Driving a strong financial control environment across the wider team through our reporting control framework including regularly review and enhancement of our controls
- Detailed analysis of pricing, capital and portfolio mix across the portfolio and work with the business on optimisation opportunities
- Supporting the business with financial analysis – extracting and analysing information from multiple sources, and providing recommendations to senior business leaders.
- Work with Product Finance teams to drive business outcomes through productivity initiatives and sharing of best practice.
- Problem solving, answering client related queries/issues raised by the business, in a timely manner.
- Work with a range of stakeholders (Finance, CS business, Product) to deliver regular forecasts
- Deepen working relationships with the IB&M BI team to curate rich sources of data for deep dive analysis and portfolio optimisation investigations.
- CA / CPA, or CFA qualification
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related discipline
- Experience in the Financial Services Sector
- Strong communication and time management skills, with ability to manage multiple stakeholder relationships
- Strong commercial acumen and numeracy skills
- Financial Control experience
- Analytical and data analysis experience, in particular SQL, Alteryx or other analytical tools
- Advanced Excel & PowerPoint
- Outcome driven with a key eye for detail
- Experience creating and enhancing financial models and management reporting; BI or Tableau experience preferred
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. This means that we require all of our employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.Advertising End Date: 10/08/2022
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.