Onboarding Specialist, Ease Cloud Accounting Services (Remote Opportunity)
Burlington, ON L7L6Z8, CAN
Waterloo, ON N2L5A6, CAN
Halifax, NS B3K4X5, CAN
Toronto, ON M5H2G4, CAN
Inspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial - this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact with our ease Cloud Accounting Services team as an Onboarding Specialist. This diverse team of professionals are dedicated to exceeding clients’ unique needs within a rapidly evolving business and financial reporting landscape. As a trusted advisor, you’ll use cutting-edge technology to deliver a full suite of services, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, bookkeeping, financial reporting and payroll administration.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
- Guide new clients through transition to MNP ease bookkeeping services
- Outline the client journey, setting expectations for needs and deliverables
- Gather, analyze and process client data during data migrations
- Work with new clients to set up files in QBO and/or Xero, Payrolls and set-up of apps with connection to database
- Set-up client databases (e.g., existing QBO or Xero) to align to MNP processes and procedures
- Develop an understanding of the client financial workflow and processes and align with MNP processes (e.g., reconciliation of bank balances and credit card transactions, processing of sales and purchases invoices, overseeing payroll processing and recording ad hoc adjusting entries on a regular basis utilizing cloud-based software and apps)
- Provide as-needed follow-up training sessions
- Configure cloud accounting systems and software features to suit client specific needs
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes while effectively using MNP internal programs and systems
- Support the conversion approach and execute implementation related tasks including pre-migration data validation, accounting system configuration, data migration and post migration data validation
- Review GL accounts including cash, bank reconciliations, prepaid expenses, accounts receivable, accounts payable, accrued liabilities, intercompany and point of sale (POS) / system uploads
Skills and Experience
- Accounting certificate or bachelor’s degree in commerce or business administration (accounting, finance or MIS major) considered an asset
- 3 years of customer support related experience
- Clear understanding of bookkeeping and internal finance processes
- Experience or desire to work with cloud-based accounting software (Xero, QBO)
- Experience working with practice management software
- Experience with software integrations (Dext, Wagepoint, PayEdge)
- Experience working with desktop-based small business accounting software, including QuickBooks Desktop, Sage 50 and/or other legacy desktop products is an asset
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment and more!For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.