Investor Services Manager
HedgeServ is a leading global fund administrator with more than $450 billion in assets under administration across all investment vehicles including Hedge Funds, Private Equity Funds, UCITS, Hybrid Credit Managers, Funds of Funds and Managed Account Platforms. We optimize our clients’ experience using unique proprietary technology coupled with robotic process automation, intuitive digital programs powered by machine learning, and enhanced by an extensive proprietary transaction data set. HedgeServ’s entrepreneurial and innovative spirit cultivates a productive and agile environment enabling its team to anticipate clients’ needs and consistently deliver solutions in real time. Led by the most experienced team of industry experts, HedgeServ with 1,500+ professionals around the globe expertly provides customizable solutions for their clients’ risk, portfolio management, middle office, investor relations, accounting, regulatory, compliance, and tax services. Since its inception in 2008, HedgeServ has received numerous accolades, including Top Overall Administrator and #1 rankings for Fund Accounting, Reporting & Reporting Technology, Client Service, Investor Services, Alternative Fund Expertise, and Regulatory Expertise.
HedgeServ is a progressive company with continuously evolving ways of working to ensure a future-focused mindset. Our employees benefit from a robust career development framework and clear learning paths which outline career trajectory, training and progression plans. HedgeServ supports employees through a variety of offerings, including remote and hybrid working arrangements, and fully paid comprehensive health and well-being benefits. HedgeServ was recognized as a Next Gen employer by RippleMatch on its list of 100 top workplaces for Generation Z for 2022. HedgeServ operates 13 offices in the United States, Grand Cayman, Ireland, Poland, Bulgaria, Luxembourg, Philippines and Australia.
The HedgeServ Investor Services department has an established global presence, with operations located in the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Poland, and USA. The team currently services a mix of private equity, hedge funds and hybrid structures. Using our proprietary technology, clients and investors experience an interactive, end to end, industry leading service. The team works with its clients and investors to introduce new technology solutions to continuously meet the demands of an ever-changing industry to support unique client structures and operating models.
Investor Services Managers are responsible for the ongoing management of the Investor Services process within the guidelines and procedures provided by HedgeServ and under the supervision and guidance of a Director and Managing Director. Every Investor Services Manager will receive the requisite Induction Training in addition to both compulsory training (AML/KYC) and optional training. Additional client-specific training is provided by the Director and Managing Director.
Key Accountabilities of the Role:
The below list is not finite and may be added to. The combination of tasks required to be executed will vary depending on both client structure, client requirements and business needs.
- Resolve investor transaction enquiries escalated by Supervisor or Administrator
- Ensure all aged items on TA bank reconciliations are resolved timely
- Resolve complex AML/KYC documentation issues in conjunction with Compliance department MLRO where required
- Review Investor Transactions on HedgeInvestor® (HedgeServ proprietary Investor Services System)
- Review of Redemption Payment Schedules
- Review and release wire transfer payments
- Ensure investor reporting is provided accurately and timely as agreed with client
- Ensure client reporting is provided accurately and timely and in line with agreed client expectations
- Handling complex calls from investors
- Identify areas for improvement in processes, personnel and structure for discussion with Director
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the NAV, QA, Compliance departments within HedgeServ
- Review annual fund audit requirements ensuring all items are addressed timely and accurately
- Ensure all investor audit requests are responded to accurately and timely
- Manage multiple client relationships ensuring constant liaison with both the client and the relevant NAV manager ensuring consistency and clarity of service
- Manage investor services recruitment, training and performance evaluations
- Review documentation upon initialization of new clients
HedgeServ operates a client focused structure which provides a wide-range of experience to all levels of employee. As such Investor Services Manager should be flexible and willing to adapt. Investor Services Manager should be capable of managing a team of up to 8 staff servicing multiple clients with various requirements and deadlines.
- IT Literate
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively both within a team structure and individually
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Good initiative tempered with identifying when escalation is required
- Strong systems, product and process knowledge
- Reliable and dependable
- Ability to positively influence team morale
- Accounting, Finance, Legal or Business Degree – Minimum 2.2 honors degree
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a hedge fund administration firm with at least 3 of those at Supervisor level is required. Alternative hedge fund experience may be considered
- Ability to manage a team of up to 8 staff servicing multiple clients with various requirements and deadlines
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.