Manager - Business Services & Outsourcing - Liverpool
Ideas | People | Trust
This is a chance to join a dynamic and forward thinking team advising ambitious entrepreneurial businesses, embracing cloud tools and technology to deliver business services and outsourcing to fast growing businesses. Our team supports a wide range of exciting clients in sectors including online retail, renewable energy, real estate and technology. Our focus is to help clients succeed through simplifying the day to day of doing business, and also delivery business advisory workshops, business reporting, system advisory and statutory accounts.
Our team of business advisors collaborates to focus on meeting evolving client needs, working closely with other teams to deliver the right expertise from across BDO both domestically and internationally. As one of the leading global firms of accountants, we are ideally placed to help businesses looking to scale to the next stage.
In this role we will support your development to become a leading business adviser, working closely with the leadership team and others to support clients as they change and adapt.
At BDO you can be yourself - we value you as an individual and want you to realize your career aspirations. We will give you the challenge and support you need and you are able to shape your own career according to your strengths, skills and personality. Working at BDO enhances your professional development at all stages of your career. Few firms offer the same breadth and quality of work, responsibility and experience. We recognize and reward your high performance and you have the opportunity to excel and share in our success.
We work on a large variety of clients largely within the SME space. In the role, you will:
- Prepare reliable monthly financial information to help business owners make decisions
- Deliver insights to help clients understand their business performance and allow them to focus on their business
- Prepare and review statutory accounts and disclosures within under UK GAAP and other relevant accounting frameworks.
- Manage a portfolio of clients – liaising with clients and internal teams as needed.
- Assist with business advisory projects such as business reviews, workshops, forecasts and performance analysis
- Have awareness of consolidations and cash flow for year-end statutory accounts and to be able to prepare them if required.
- Have knowledge and ability to use various accounting software packages including Xero.
- Have knowledge of various accounting apps designed to simplify processes and deliver insight.
- Review the work of junior staff, and complete monthly reviews to ensure accurate financial information.
- Train and develop junior staff to help them progress
- Liaise with other departments and subject matter experts, such as VAT, tax and technical accounting teams
- Assist in research of complex technical area and offer solutions.
- Understand the logic of a cashflow statement enabling issues to be identified and solutions proposed.
- Prepare engagement letters for manager and partner review.
- Conduct rigorous project management and financial management on all projects, completing projects within agreed timescales and raising issues with the manager or client, as appropriate, in a timely manner.
- Ensure that the firm’s risk management and quality control procedures are adhered to at all times.
We’ll help you succeed
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- Qualified Accountant ACA, ACCA or equivalent
- Strong working knowledge of FRS102
- Good understanding of business controls and month/year end controls
- Excellent working knowledge of outsourcing and bookkeeping on a monthly basis.
- Evidence of ability to research technical accounting matters.
- Working knowledge of risk management processes within an accounting firm
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Competent in the use of Caseware and other relevant accounts production software
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access childcare vouchers;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
Agile working at BDO (Workable)
WORKABLE is our approach to making working at BDO work for everyone. It’s a framework – including policies, guidance, tools, resources, and support – that offers flexibility and choice around how, when and where we do our work. WORKABLE gives BDO people the freedom they need to be able to work at their best. Because sometimes, the hub is the best environment to get things done, and sometimes we’re more productive working from home: WORKABLE gives us that choice.
We aim to offer you more choice and flexibility to plan around work and life, which can lead to improved wellbeing, access to more diverse projects and learning opportunities and increased job satisfaction.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.