Expenses Team Member
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for an Expenses team member to join our Enabling Functions team to work in based in Newcastle (Longbenton).
Team member to manage and reduce risk and ensure key controls are adhered to.
What you'll be doing
- Provide excellent customer service to employees, resolving queries in a timely and professional manner.
- Audit expense claims to ensure compliance to corporate company policy.
- Analyse data in Excel, issuing expense information to the business.
- Work with banking partner to administer changes to corporate and purchase cards.
- Liaise with other teams to answer queries regarding policy and expenditure.
Who we're looking for
The following qualities/experience are essential:
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- A customer focused mindset
- Familiar with MS Office, especially Excel
- Understanding of ERP systems desirable, preferably Oracle R12
- Be able to effectively communicate with both internal and external customers
- Demonstrate a positive, confident and professional attitude
- Experience of working in a busy transactional finance environment
- Knowledge of best practice in process management and compliance within finance
- Good problem solving and analytical
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beattys Enabling Functions includes our centralised HR, IT, Procurement, Finance, Health & Safety, Sustainability and Comms teams. Together we support Balfour Beatty to deliver projects on behalf of our clients. We operate according to our Build to Last values of Lean, Expert, Trusted, Safe and Sustainable.
At Balfour Beatty we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential, not only because this is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a better business. To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan which sets out the wide range of targeted, proactive, measurable steps we are taking to make this a reality. You can read our UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan in full at www.balfourbeatty.com/value_everyone
To help and support us with our desired commitment to create an inclusive culture we are members of WISE, enei, Business Disability Forum and Women into Construction. In 2020, we signed the Audeliss and Involve Open Letter to demonstrate our commitment to taking key long term and sustainable actions on Black Inclusion. Balfour Beatty is also a Gold Award holder in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.