Legal Entity Controller - Associate
Corporate and Investment Bank Finance and Business Management – Legal Entity Controller - Associate
Legal Entity Control
The opportunity is to join the Legal Entity Control (LEC) team based in London as part of Global Finance and Business Management. The LEC team are based in London, Mumbai and Warsaw and are primarily responsible for the oversight of legal entities in the UK and ensuring that a strong control environment exists as it relates to all businesses, products and operational areas that impact the UK financial statements.
This role has been specifically been created to support the production, co-ordination, and management of statutory financial statements for a key UK regulated entity. The work is challenging with tight audit and regulatory deadlines requiring both strong time management as well attention to detail. The successful candidate will join a meritocratic, team orientated environment, committed to individual development and long term career development.
The Legal Entity Controller will work in the UK LEC team, that has responsibility for key Legal Entity regulatory deliverables (US and UK) and the restructure and liquidation of UK controlled entities. The role will support Legal Entity Rationalisation, including planning, obtaining approval and executing Legal Entity Closures and restructures.
The role will also involve the preparation and submission of regulatory returns, however a key aspect will be coordinating and reviewing information requests across Finance and other functions that contribute to UK LEC’s submission of regulatory returns.
The work is challenging with tight regulatory deadlines, and requires strong time management as well as technical and project management skills. The successful candidate will join a meritocratic, team orientated environment, committed to individual development and long term career development.
- Planning, obtaining approval and executing Legal Entity Closures.
- Overseeing reporting on Legal Entity Rationalisation.
- UK Recovery and Resolution coordination and execution across the UK LEC team including local plans and data requests.
- Update and review of UK LEC owned sections of Legal Entity ICARA including forecasting.
- Coordination of ad-hoc requests from Regulators, working closely with Compliance and other areas of Finance where required. Updates and issue tracking to management.
- Support LEC automation and digitisation initiatives covering the regulatory and simplification agenda.
- Support various projects and initiatives which impact legal entities including product, regulatory, compliance and other business driven initiatives or strategies including legal entity simplification.
- Build and manage relationships with key stakeholders including Product Control, Business Management, FAIR, Operations, Compliance, Corporate and CIB Treasury, and Regulatory Teams.
Skills Knowledge & Experience
- Part - or newly qualified accountant (i.e. CA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA etc.) with at least 3 years industry experience.
- Basic understanding of investment bank financial accounting and products.
- Ability to work under considerable time pressure, whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy and quality.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills and an ability to build relationships with key stakeholders.
- Strong analytical ability, being able to discuss legal entity and business results and issues with management and various stakeholders across the Firm.
- Attention to detail whilst being cognizant of materiality levels.
- Experience of the Firm’s ledger and consolidation platform (SAP, CDGL and BPC)
- Advanced Excel skills and an understanding of process enhancement tools such as Alteryx & Tableau.
- Previous experience of working on projects or project management is an advantage
- Control focus mind-set at all times, whilst respectively challenging the status quo.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.