Information Technology Auditor (Multiple Positions)
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
The Auditor, Information Technology (IT) is responsible for conducting and documenting audit examinations throughout Northern Trust Corporation. The role is a direct report to the Audit Manager, IT, and is responsible for completing the audit within the stated budget, timeframes, and in accordance with the Audit Services Department Policies and Standards. The IT Auditor provides input to improve operational efficiency and/or to enhance the design or operating effectiveness of the internal control environment. The role also provides technical and auditing expertise, training, and coaching, to auditors during the audit engagement.
- Functions in various roles on audit engagements, including leading audits, staffing audits and providing consulting or oversight functions based on the needs of the team
- Manages and performs special projects as needed
- Perform systems/applications, integrated audits and project management reviews
- Follow up and perform validation of remediation activities to ensure audit issues are effectively resolved
- Communicates with partners at all levels, across various business units
- Utilizes understanding of various Corporate units and their functions to ensure operations, services, and systems have proper audit controls in place (i.e., design of the control environment)
- Evaluate technology processes, technology controls for design and operating effectiveness
- Applies analytical skills to review information and determine potential control weaknesses
- Develops a thorough understanding of the Northern Trust Audit Methodology and adheres to all applicable Department Standards
- Completes and compiles a high quality summary of findings and recommendations for review in a concise and professional manner
- Works closely with unit managers to devise specific technology related audit tests
- Responsible for staying current on regulatory requirements and technological changes within the industry
- Certified Information System Audit (CISA) certification is preferred. Additional certifications such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), or other related certifications is a plus
- Knowledge of audit procedures and technical security and control standards usually obtained through related work experience and a four year degree program is required to perform system audits
- Knowledge and awareness about the NIST 800-53 controls, NIST Cyber Security Framework, SANS CIS, etc. is a plus
- Knowledge of technology controls around Cloud Computing reviews - AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google cloud etc., is a plus
- Solid understanding of Information Technology General Controls (ITGC) in addition to knowledge of non-ITGCs (e.g., Configuration Management, Vendor Management)
- Understanding of Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) controls (e.g., Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management)
- Skills as needed to perform testing of design and operational effectiveness of application specific controls such as input controls, data validation controls, interface controls, completeness and accuracy checks etc., is a plus
- Analytical and organizational skills are necessary to conduct audits
- Strong issue writing and workpaper documentation skills
- Knowledge of systems such as Windows, UNIX, AS400, and Mainframe is an advantage
- Knowledge of databases such as MS SQL, Oracle, MySQL etc., is a plus
- Knowledge of the Network devices such as Routers, Switches, Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Load Balancers etc., is a plus
- Knowledge of the Vulnerability Management control reviews
- Minimum of 4-6 years of auditing and systems experience
- A College or University degree is preferred and/or entry level auditing experience in a financial institution
- Specialized technical audit or related experience is preferred
- Experience with auditing procedures and technical security concepts.
- Self-starter with an ability to self-motivate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly numerate with strong organizational and problem solving skills with attention to detail
- Ability to proactively assess issues, identify solutions and problem solve
- Ability to react and respond on a timely basis
- Ability to adapt and react positively in a changing and dynamic work environment
- Ability to work under pressure and to deliver to tight deadlines
- Ability to develop relationships with diverse groups and various levels of technology and non-technology personnel
- Flexibility, multi-tasking, creative thinking, good business judgment skills are required to meet strict deadlines and manage other projects
- Proficiency in Word and Excel a plus
- Must be a team player and able to work under pressure during peak periods
Please note that this role may require the successful candidate to travel to other NT locations as required.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.