About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
- The Auditor is part of the APAC audit team focusing on audits of Northern Trust's APAC based Asset Servicing and Asset Management businesses, and corporate functions. The role includes conducting and documenting audits throughout the organisation.
- Based on skill sets and experience, you will play a key delivery role within the audit project teams.
- Success is measured through the quality of the documentation, integrity of the assessment, timeliness of the deliveries, and your ability to foster relationships both internally in the audit department and with key stakeholders. While not required, experience in data manipulation, transformations, and analytical techniques is highly desired.
- This position will report to the Senior Audit Manager in Melbourne, and will be working closely with partners based in the APAC region and across the globe.
What you will do
- Identify and analyse risks, plan and prioritize audit project tasks for on-time delivery, conduct interviews, observe operations, document and analyse processes and controls, document the reliability and quality of data sources, develop and perform audit tests, document work papers, and produce quality issues
- Develop and demonstrate an understanding of Asset Servicing and Asset Management and other business processes, risks, and controls, along with an understanding of relevant laws, industry changes, and the impact of technology.
- Assist with ad hoc projects as necessary (e.g., continuous monitoring of the business environment, research projects, and risk-based audit cycling analysis, etc.)
- Exercise responsibility over the execution of assigned audit projects and/or audit deliverables to ensure that work is performed timely and accurately
- Accurately design and execute the testing approach and ensure that work paper documentation is clear, concise, supports the reviews performed, and explains decisions made during the project.
- Self-starter with the ability to independently work on deliverables, proactively assess issues, identify solutions and problem solving skills with attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in a similar role
- Ability to adapt and react positively in a changing and dynamic work environment as part of a Global Audit team across multiple time zones and jurisdictions.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience. Which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2022:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg, 2022 (5th consecutive year)
- Top ranking of 100% on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s, Corporate Equality Index, 2022 (For the 15th consecutive year, Northern Trust has scored 100% and earned the designation as a “Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality”)
In Australia, we are actively involved in many ways with both community and diversity organisations, which includes paid volunteer days. For families, we offer a very generous parental leave scheme, and all staff have access to subsidised health insurance if they choose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today! #MadeForGreater
- Want to learn more about our company? Visit northerntrust.com
- We are a leading global financial institution - Click here to check out our company accolades!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.