About the company and department
There has never been a more exciting time to pursue a career in Audit at RSM
RSM UK is part of the international RSM network, RSM UK has over 3500 staff based in 33 offices across the UK. We are the 7th largest accountancy and business advisory firm nationally and the 6th largest internationally.
RSM UK has been named as an 'outstanding organisation to work for' in 2022 by Best Companies, the industry standard in identifying the UK's leading employers.
Audit is our largest service line nationally, and we are growing! We provide comprehensive Audit services to clients ranging from OMBs, through to large listed PLCs. We believe that it is important for our people to have experience across a range of industries and sectors, so we do not typically have individuals in our teams working on only one type of client.
RSM has a culture of transparency and supportiveness, we remain people focused, and we care about your development. Within Audit, we promote from within wherever possible, we listen to your career goals and aspirations and we will support you in your short- and long-term goals.
Are you ambitious? Do you want to feel heard and recognised ? Do you want to work closely with your clients, building lasting relationships which allow you to make a real contribution? Do you enjoy variety, and to be challenged? Do you want to see your efforts rewarded and to be continually developed? Our culture is our greatest strength, and many of our most senior Partners joined us at Assistant level.
About the job
In this role, you will be a key part of Audit teams undertaking assignments, providing assistance to Supervisors and Assistant Managers leading assignments. There are many exciting opportunities for anyone looking to join our teams;
- Extensive internal student training program directed by a specialist team
- Full study support package, including ICAEW approved professional development training program
- Regular provision and discussion of feedback to assist in progression to a supervisor role
- Post qualification internal and international secondment opportunities, subject to performance
- Internal office and regional team events
Key responsibilities include;
- You will be a key part of the onsite audit team, liaising with other team members and client staff to ensure the assignment is completed as per the agreed terms
- Generally reporting to a Supervisor or Assistant Manager, with opportunities to lead assignments where appropriate
- Ensuring assurance quality at all times and compliance with the firm’s procedures
- Communicating effectively with all stakeholders, identifying any contentious issues to be resolved
- Opportunity to provide training and supervision to more junior staff
- Candidates must be ACA, ACCA or AAT part-qualified (or equivalent) with first time passes in all examinations preferred
- To enable us to provide study support, candidates will need to have strong academics –112 UCAS points from top 3 A levels (or equivalent), as well as a degree or AAT level 4
- Minimum 12 months consistent exposure to Audit assignments with a reputable firm
- Willingness to show initiative and take responsibility for the completion of assignments, and to assist with managing own workload and those of staff around you to enable assignments to be delivered
- A “can-do” attitude to working, including flexibility to work in a range of client locations across the region, and occasionally beyond, on a wide range of clients
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.