Alpha Services - VP Alpha Client Manager
Alpha Client Partner
State Street’s (STT) Alpha Solution is a rapidly growing business both globally and in the APAC region. Alpha provides asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions and focuses on Front to Back servicing, providing complete solutions and servicing across the full breadth of assets. The Alpha tools available help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
As a result of increased opportunities across multiple locations in Australia, STT Alpha is looking to bring on a talented business professional with front and middle office expertise to be part of their Alpha Services Team, responsible for the partnering with clients to ensure STT Alpha delivers consistent global service excellence and drives changes that align with the clients strategic needs.
Reporting to the Head of Alpha Services in the APAC region, you will be part of a global team on a market leading product that interacts with multiple internal STT parties globally in identifying issues, managing them to completion and evolving the service model for STT Alpha clients.
The Focus of the job is understand our clients business and help resolve operational challenges to allow client to focus on investment outcomes.
Client facing responsibilities:
- Generate strong relationships with client by understanding their needs and requirements and delivering against them
- Be the advocate for the client and their operating model communicating their needs internally to State Street stakeholders
- Ensure all client inquiries and issues are proactively reviewed and resolved in a timely and satisfactory manner
- Serve as escalation point for client and internal functional teams on time critical and high potential financial impact issues
- Preparing of client status reports for senior management.
- Produce monthly MIS/KPI reporting across all clients and lead monthly service reviews with client
- Oversee change management administration and communication with clients.
- Collaborate with client onboarding and implementation teams to ensure any required technology platform enhancements support client needs.
- Ownership of the client incident reporting process for respective clients
- Ensure all daily and monthly services are delivered in accordance with relevant client SLA’s
- Identify customized support requirements and opportunities to automate or align to core process
- Champion process improvement initiatives to client
- Participate in any global servicing calls both internal and external and be able to present and/or respond to any servicing issues impacting client in APAC region
- Client invoicing, including coordinating with functional teams to ensure accuracy and completeness.
Staff management and administration responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Sales, Sector and Country heads to support business growth
- Develop detailed knowledge of Alpha products and services available to assist with client challenges
- Manage the Alpha Client Services supporting the client
- Implement training, development and succession plans
- Retention of key talent and staff engagement strategies
- Lead team initiatives to improve efficiency and risk control framework
- Align servicing models with the other regional Client Service teams and support the development of a ‘best practice’ Client Service model
- Facilitate cross training across all Client Service functions in the team and region
- Work effectively with peers locally and across the region to achieve common goals
- Anticipate critical risks and exposures and facilitate mitigation.
Experience and Qualifications
- Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, with business and technology related coursework or relevant industry experience.
- 5-10 years of client management, operations, custody or fund accounting experience.
- Must be deadline oriented with the ability to provide technical expertise to resolve daily problems.
Skills and Abilities
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Good written and verbal communications.
- Must be self-motivated, adaptable and show initiative in different circumstances and under pressure.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Flexibility in working outside of your responsibilities and areas of expertise.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to analyze data from multiple sources, comprehend and summarise.
- Flexible working hours may be required.