Registration, AML Operations & Projects, Vice President
Who we are looking for
At this level you will be required to demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of the Funds Industry and take a lead role in the management and strategic development of the department. You will be expected to lead the department’s activities with a major focus on setting department strategy, change management, resource planning and development, client relationship management and risk reduction. In addition, you will be expected to work with the Joint Venture partners and other Joint Venture companies to promote and secure the ongoing growth and development of State Street Ireland whilst ensuring the process complies with relevant regulations & corporate policies.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Vice President, Registration, AML Operations & Projects, you will
- Make sound AML / KYC decisions including, not limited to resourcing requirements, anti-money laundering assessments, risks and controls
- Exercise operational oversight within the department and make sound operational decisions
- As a member of the senior management team in Registration; lead, direct and manage the department
- Responsible for the setting and achievement of TA Department and State Street performance targets and objectives
- Influence and shape investor AML/CTF strategy with an emphasis of implementation of regulations as necessary
- Understand the risk environment within the department and manage appropriately, working in partnership with the Risk, Compliance and Audit representatives from the Joint Venture entities.
- Drive the development and implementation of appropriate procedures to meet internal control and external compliance/regulatory requirements
- Promote risk awareness, assessment and control within the department
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and with the relevant short, medium and long-term goals, objectives and values of the organization
- Using corporate PPR tools, actively participate in the performance appraisal process and monitor overall timeliness of completion for the entire team with your direct reports
- Leading change initiatives which promote overall process efficiency & effectiveness, including changes to operating processes, procedures & systems.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Excellent administrative, organisational and business support skills, with the ability to multi-task and to work calmly under pressure.
- SME knowledge of AML/CFT requirements and regulations across multiple jurisdictions with practical experience of dealing with Anti-Money Laundering matters across multiple jurisdictions as required.
- Client focused with a proven track record of delivering excellent client service
- Strong people management skills with a proven track record for developing and retaining staff.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Project Management expertise within an operational function
- Possess excellent organisational, planning and co-ordination skill
- Ability to work accurately to tight deadlines
- Proactive and able to work independently and as part of a team
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Finance related degree preferred
- Comprehensive procedural, technical and product knowledge of the Transfer Agency business is required. This should be complemented with a strong understanding of Fund Accounting, Custody and Regulatory background to Funds Industry.
- Typically candidate will have significant experience in a similar environment including several years in a senior management capacity.
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.