Finance Director, North America - Food Packaging
kp is a leading global manufacturer of rigid and flexible packaging and special films. We have a clear goal: the sustainable protection of important everyday products. You will find our customers in markets from pharmaceuticals to food and consumer goods. With our film products, we make sure the products last longer and maintain their important properties. With this we significantly contribute to safety, health and consumer satisfaction. We are as dynamic and fast paced as the markets of our customers. Always in motion! Founded in 1965, we now have 31 factories in 18 countries and employ more than 5,900 people worldwide.
The Finance Director of Food Packaging Americas is responsible for providing strategic and tactical leadership across the North America region, harmonizing and standardizing the commercial and operating finance, providing the company with timely and relevant financial information to business decision making.
The role can be fully remote within the US (preferably East Coast) with business travel, as required.
• Supervise the monthly closing process and interpretation of the monthly P&L of the site; providing guidance to the site controller and provide accountability and explanation in MEC and YEC financial results, anticipating potential risks and proposing actions
• Monitor sales margins and sales performance, production costs, operational metrics, production orders and product profitability.
• Monitor inventories, downgradings, consignment stocks, work in progress, and obsolescence provision calculation
• Supervise physical inventory counts to validate internal controls
• Leading forecast and budget process for the region (sales and sites) incl. presentation following the guidelines of the division
• Elaborate and monitor performance improvement actions with commercial and operations to increase efficiency
• Review Capex projects and ROI
• Post mortem analysis in collaboration with site controllers
• Supervise from the financial point of view the FP expansion in USA
Standarization and Best Practice
• Continuous review, develop, plan, gain approval for and implement improvements in financial systems and processes in order to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the department and to introduce best practice. Develop use of Continuous Improvement practises in finance
• Implementation of a common model for machine tariffs for Americas sites in line with the methodology defined for the segments of rigid and trays in Europe
• Alignment of processes and controls between Americas and Europe
• Identify opportunities to gain productivity across the region or division
• Provide effective business partnering support to the commercial and operational teams, aiding in the identification, evaluation and tracking of business initiatives to drive EBITDA and working capital performance
• Establish a strong business partner culture in the segment in order to achieve defined targets by combining different skills
• Ad hoc project work in support of the business
• Provide leadership and direction to the financial controllers
• Create and inspiring team environment fostering team work, transparency and open communication
• Empower the team and develop talent
And any other duties, as required.
Background and Experience required:
• Bachelor in Business Administration, Economics, or equivalent
• Professional experience as site or business controller, preferably regional
• Excellent leader – this role requires high levels of effective leadership competency
• Proven experience within manufacturing/production inc cost accounting.
• Excellent skills in MS -Excel, MS-PowerPoint and SAP
• Proactive, strong personality and resilient
• Capacity to build strong business relationships internally
• Cross functional thinking
• Strong analytical skills, good judgement with strong operational focus
• Goals and deadlines orientated
• Self-management skills and Problem-solver attitude
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Fast adaptation to change
• Ability to cope with conflict situations
• Integrative towards other functional areas
Klöckner Pentaplast is an equal opportunity employer, which makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, veteran status, handicap, disability, sexual preference or marital status.
Please note that unfortuantely kp is unable to sponsor visas or work permits, you will need to have the existing right to work in the country you apply for.