Accountant / Project Accountant
- Prepare and process day to day accounting entries into accounting system for reporting purposes
- Makes regular data entry for day-to-day accounting entries into the accounting system
- Keeps track of AP and timely postings of invoices into the system and notifying the senior management for the due dates of the payments.
- Assist the team in preparing the monthly billing, preparing the projections for the clients.
- Prepare checks, vouchers and transfer orders for payment purposes
- Reconcile accounts monthly to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance
- Prepare bank reconciliations to ensure exact match
- Prepare Prepayments and accruals tables and other provisions calculations
- Generate reports in accordance with standard forms
- Coordinate with the team to follow-up with accounting on transactions
- Prepare monthly management reports to monitor performance
- Assist in preparing system generated reports in coordination with accounting for reporting purposes
- Assist with audits and VAT returns
- Assist in the external auditors with their requests.
- Assists in month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure compliance with IFRS standards.
- 2 to 3 years of professional accounting experience in a similar field
- Finance or Accounting Certification is a must - CPA | CMA | ACCA Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent
- Detail oriented and organized
- Strong analytical skills
- Familiar with accounting software, QuickBooks is an added advantage
- Familiar with Local regulatory requirements in the UAE