Accounts Senior, Business Solutions Group - Thames Valley
Accounts Assistant, Business Solutions Group - Thames Valley
Crowe is a leading national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm with global reach and local expertise. We are an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world, with access to more than 38,000 people in more than 145 countries and across 700+ offices globally.
We pride ourselves on looking after our people, whether you’re working in corporate tax, statutory audit or you’re a marketing or HR specialist, at Crowe we invest in our people to help them be the best they can be.
We understand that it is often the culture and values of a firm that are most important when looking for a new workplace, that’s why at Crowe our people-focused culture means we value new ideas and innovation, and welcome people who are committed to making a different by delivering excellent services to our people, clients and communities.
We are looking for a part qualified or newly qualified accountant to join our successful accounts preparation team based in Reading. You will be joining a talented team committed to delivering a high-quality service to a varied portfolio of clients.
To provide a first-class accounts preparation service to our Business Solutions and Audit clients. Clients range from small limited companies to larger multinational groups to not for profit. The successful candidate will have a good understanding of accounting standards (FRS 102, IFRS and Charity SORP) and possess excellent communication skills.
- Preparation of statutory financial statements and consolidations for our varied client base (corporates, charities, academies). This will include clients that are being audited by external audit firms, as well as those being audited by Crowe U.K.
- Supporting the audit team in finalising statutory financial statement production as part of the audit process.
- A good understanding of accounting standards including FRS 102 (essential), IFRS (preferable) and Charity SORP (preferable).
- Knowledge of Caseware Accounts would be preferable but not essential as training will be provided.
- A willingness to tackle technical issues, with support.
- Some audit experience would be preferable, but not essential.
- Must be able to multi task in an organised manner.
- Excellent communicator - by email, over the phone, during video calls and face to face in a professional manner.
- Listen to client’s needs. Be sympathetic where necessary and remain patient.
- Develop your understanding of the services that Crowe can offer and identify areas that a client could benefit from other services.
- Assisting managers and partners with ad-hoc tasks as required.
- Must be a team player, but also be able to manage and prioritise on their own.
Why choose Crowe?
Crowe is where talented people can realise their potential, are successful and enjoy what they do by making a positive difference to our clients, communities and each other.
Our vision is to be recognised as essential to the future success of our clients by helping them to answer tomorrow’s questions, and make smart decisions that have lasting value through the highest quality audit, tax, advisory and risk services.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition, you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
At Crowe, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus, an opportunity to work for a firm that truly values its people.
Crowe is committed to equal opportunity and diversity in recruitment and employment. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our organisation and believe that diversity and inclusivity are key drivers of effectiveness and in providing our clients with a quality service.
Entry and progression within the firm is determined solely by the application of objective criteria, personal performance and merit.
We want to create the best environment for our staff to thrive. We recognise the importance of offering a flexible approach to our working environment and we would be happy to discuss with you further.
Closing Date: 06 May, 2022
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.