Senior Consultant - External Audit
About SW Accountants & Advisors
SW Accountants & Advisors (SW) is a progressive advisory and accounting firm with an 85-year history in Australia. For our people, SW represents a chance to take the lead and create opportunities for our clients and our people.
In Australia, we operate in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth, with over 300 people and 39 Partners nationally. We provide a full range of audit, business advisory, corporate finance, tax, private clients and wealth management solutions. Taking the lead, SW joined the rapidly growing SW International Network, one of the world’s leading organisations of independently owned and managed advisory and accounting firms. With access to a global network and a team of over 10,000 professionals, 450+ Partners, in 57+ offices, across 14 countries and regions, we work together to open doors to opportunity in Australia, Asia and across the world.
Our vision and values are clear - we provide excellent client service and encourage a culture of staff learning and development. These values are visible in the conduct of all our staff who demonstrate professionalism and integrity every day.
Working closely with the Partners and Managers of the division, your primary responsibility is to deliver a high level of service and present complex taxation advice to clients and staff.
You will be responsible for meeting productivity and client budgets, providing feedback and guidance to junior staff members and identifying value added services to clients. As a Senior Consultant, you will develop relationships with clients and be able to service and deal with most day-to-day client queries a. You will take full responsibility and ownership of the completion of allocated jobs and is effectively responsible for managing your own workflow under the direction of your manager.
Working with an established team who will provide you with the ability to grow your career. Some of your key outcomes will be:
- Proactively liaise with clients on a day-to-day basis, providing a quality and timely service to them. The Senior Consultant will be expected to always provide a high level of service to clients.
- Prepare and present accurate and timely complex taxation returns, workpapers and client correspondence.
- Undertake tax planning for clients and identify and resolve tax issues.
- Update and review electronic and paper taxation publications to the standard required by the Firm.
- Engage in research and draft taxation advice with limited supervision.
- Be involved in reviewing the taxation implications of prospectuses and to undertake due diligence and other special work.
- Delegate, oversee, and review compliance work of junior staff and to ensure that firm standards and processes are maintained. This will include providing feedback coaching and technical support to junior staff that work on their clients.
Skills and experience
We are looking for someone to join our team that will bring the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a corporate or mid-market tax environment within an accounting practice
- Tertiary qualified in Commerce or Law, and working towards a CA/CPA or Masters of Tax qualification
- Mandarin speaking skills, whilst not essential, would be looked upon favourably
- Technically proficient and demonstrate a keen interest and desire to develop their knowledge and keep updated with the latest taxation law and accounting developments.
- Ability to mentor and coach junior team members
- Prior experience working with and developing good relationships with clients
- Good time management skills and be able to prioritise work and meet deadlines for a large group of clients
- Professional presentation and possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills which will be consistently used in dealings with clients, partners and staff members.
- Competency in Microsoft Office applications.
Why join our team?
- We believe in building meaningful relationships with our new team members from the moment we first connect
- Upon commencing, you will have a buddy to show you the ropes!
- Join a firm that is growing and open to change and disruption in today’s economy
- Our clients operate across the globe and our people reflect this diversity
- Studying your CA/CPA? We will support you with this
- This is real life, so there will be times when you need to work extra hours to deliver for our clients. But we give you those hours back in quieter periods through a benefit we call ‘matched time’
- Maintain a balanced lifestyle, with two extra paid days off a year, volunteer leave, sporting, community and social activities
- Our values are at the very heart of our firm and guide the way we interact within our firm and the manner in which we interact and engage with you
- Building a career at SW will see you join a hardworking and friendly team that values creating opportunities for our people and our clients. Create your own individual story and become a part of ours.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, apply now!