EMEA Payroll Analyst - 12 Month Contract
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we create products and experiences people once couldn’t have imagined — and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, a career with Apple might be your dream job… Just be prepared to dream big!
Apple supports and promotes career development throughout the organisation, offering a long and exciting career with many opportunities to enable you to perfect your existing skills - and acquire new ones. The successful candidate will become a member of the wider People Support and Finance team at Apple, as well as being part of the Global Business Solutions function in EMEA.
Apple’s business is constantly evolving and growing to meet market demands.
The aim of this role is to support the administration of pay to employees within EMEA. This involves managing relationships and working with Payroll Vendors, Benefits Vendors, Store Managers, People Support, Compliance and Payroll Accounting Teams to ensure all issues are addressed and optimum solutions are put in place in a timely manner. Employee experience is at the forefront of what we do in Payroll.
- Experience of setting up and/or operating Payroll processes in a multinational environment is a key requirement.
- Accuracy: Attention to detail to ensure every employee is paid correctly and on time
- Timely delivery: ensure all activities are completed to the deadlines set. Ability to function in a fast-paced environment, managing quality with quantity, meeting tight deadlines & ability to quickly adjust to changes is essential.
- Process focus: Skills in process analysis, assessment and improvement and creating a team environment where continuous improvement is encouraged.
- Problem Solving: Be clearly able to translate business needs into pragmatic solutions and implement them.
- Diversity: Able to work optimally in a multi-functional, multi-cultural environment and be open to change and the challenges that arise in a demanding environment.
- Handle complexity: Able to handle the ambiguity and complexity that arise seeking our clarity at all times.
- Customer Service: A commitment and focus on customer service - defining and exceeding multiple customer expectations and inspiring the team to deliver on the service commitments.
- Interpersonal: An effective teammate, with well-developed communication skills to focus on building and maintaining strong relationships your process partners.
- Reporting to the Payroll Manager, the position will be responsible for payroll processing for several countries in EMEA,
- Work closely with business partners to ensure that Payrolls are processed accurately, timely and in accordance with local requirements; focus on reporting and reconciliation of pay data to validate that monthly payroll is correct.
- Collaborate with your team, Compliance, Global Payroll Services and our External Payroll Service Provider to become a specialist on the payroll for the countries you have responsibility for. Keep up to date on all changes to the pay environment in EMEA, cascading & implementing where appropriate. Clear articulation of the impact these changes have on the ways in which we work is vital.
- Ensure sufficient controls are in place / implemented to capture changes month-on-month and any differences are reconciled and explained. Ensure that all issues are addressed and resolutions put in place in a timely manner. Ensure all desktop procedures & process notes are kept up-to-date
- Respond to employee enquiries. Proficient in navigating the Apple systems to expedite employee queries within the agreed SLA & ability to work autonomously to ensure all elements of pay are administered correctly.
- Work with external service providers regarding specific payroll treatment for employees’ e.g. expatriate and international assignments.
- Work closely with the Payroll Accounting team to ensure month-end & quarter end reconciliations are accurate and with minimal ageing. Partner with internal and external audit to ensure the integrity of the payroll information.
- Ensure a consistent focus and involvement in driving efficiencies and operational improvements.
Education & Experience
- Languages: Communicate effectively in English. Any additional European languages would be beneficial.
- Preferably IPASS qualified or International equivalent.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.