Finance Business Partner
Role: Finance Business Partner
Purpose of role:
The Finance Business Partner provides financial and strategic support to key commercial and strategic initiatives in the business. The expectation is the person would be agile in providing financial and strategic support across key strategic and operational areas of the business as they arise. Initial focus of this role includes support on development of energy & utilities strategy.
Reports to: Senior Finance Business Partner
Job Type: 12 months Fixed Term Contract
The Business Partner position is a key part of the financial business partnering team, the aim of which is to focus on partnering with key stakeholders in protecting and driving growth of the business. Working with leadership and key stakeholders, the finance business partnering team support, advise and critically challenges strategic and operational decision making across the business bringing analytical, commercial and strategic insights to drive performance and value creation.
Utilities and more specifically energy, are key areas of focus for all businesses at present given challenging circumstances being experienced on a global scale. Although candidate will initially support our energy & utilities functions in building out a thorough and robust energy strategy, the expectation is that they will work in an agile way providing support across key activities on the team when required.
- Act as a lead financial partner for key commercial and strategic initiatives in the business.
- Bring new ideas to the business partnering team and to the business, solving issues and shaping strategy
- Focus on head-up, forward looking activities to help maximise opportunity to create value
- Partner with business stakeholders to formulate and manage delivery of plans
- Influence key stakeholders and customers to achieve desired financial outcomes
- Work collaboratively to construct compelling pieces of analysis, outlining issues, opportunities and solutions overseeing development & ensuring output is insightful & actionable
- Collaborate with various stakeholders within Finance, Primark and externally to deliver results
- Monitoring and measuring the impact and effectiveness strategic projects to ensure consistent delivery and commercial impact
- Communicate project progress to all levels throughout the organisation with a focus on financials and value
Technical & Behavioural Competencies
- Proven ability to work with and influence senior stakeholders within a strategic, commercial context.
- Ability to partner with the business in the development of strategy and delivery of results.
- Strong communication skills. Ability to structure and present a compelling story.
- Strong commercial and financial acumen with the ability to quickly assimilate information, assess options and communicate these clearly.
- Strong organisational, planning and delegation skills and ability to manage deliverables within deadlines.
- Self-Motivated. Self-motivated with the ability to be comfortable in an agile role
- Strategic Thinking: Is a strategic thinker and very comfortable working in this setting.
- Relationships & Influence: Adept and comfortable in building relationships at all levels of the business with the ability to influence across the organisation.
- Decision Making; Using analytics and insights, devises strategies for commercial business growth
- Innovation; Influences and empowers others to think creatively taking calculated risks to drive growth for the future.
- Customer Focus; Drives initiatives that continually improve customer service, experience and reputation
Successful candidates will meet the following criteria:
- Likely to be a qualified accountant and/or MBA with 5+ years progressive experience working in a strategic or finance, commercially focused role, in a consulting practice or industry.
- High level of commercial and financial acumen with the ability to formulate and clearly communicate analysis, insight and recommendations for future strategies
- Has worked in a fast-paced finance team, preferable in retail/FMCG
- Action orientated with the ability to identify and drive opportunities for growth, working cross functionally, not just identifying a problem or solution but making the change
- Strong work ethic and very comfortable working in an ‘unstructured’, consultative setting, with a focus on value creation
- Utilities experience or knowledge a nice to have but not a necessity
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.