About SW Accountants & Advisors
SW Accountants & Advisors (SW) is a progressive advisory and accounting firm with an 85-year history in Australia. For our people, SW represents a chance to take the lead and create opportunities for our clients and our people.
In Australia, we operate in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth, with over 300 people and 39 Partners nationally. We provide a full range of audit, business advisory, corporate finance, tax, private clients and wealth management solutions. Taking the lead, SW joined the rapidly growing SW International Network, one of the world’s leading organisations of independently owned and managed advisory and accounting firms. With access to a global network and a team of over 10,000 professionals, 450+ Partners, in 57+ offices, across 14 countries and regions, we work together to open doors to opportunity in Australia, Asia and across the world.
Our vision and values are clear - we provide excellent client service and encourage a culture of staff learning and development. These values are visible in the conduct of all our staff who demonstrate professionalism and integrity every day.
The Manager is an integral member of the Taxation Division and is responsible for managing, reviewing and administering a client list and developing and executing a business development strategy to assist the Taxation Division. The Manager will take full responsibility and ownership of the completion of allocated jobs and is responsible for managing their own workflow and that of their team. They will have a responsibility to proactively advise clients by identifying ideas and strategies that would be useful to them and they will also be responsible for meeting productivity and client budgets.
- Manage allocated clients
- Provide leadership, support and resources to Tax staff that will empower them to perform to their maximum capability.
- Monitor staff productivity and ensuring the development of team members.
- Work in conjunction with the Tax Partners to ensure the efficient functioning and development of the overall Division.
- Remain up-to-date with the Taxation Profession including any industry changes and trends and respond accordingly. This may include participation in external seminars as a participant or presenter.
Required Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of four year’s experience working in a Taxation environment in a Chartered/CPA accounting practice.
- Be a fully qualified CA/CPA or have completed a Masters of Tax.
- Be technically proficient and up to date with taxation law developments.
- The Manager must be able to competently review client work and be able to identify issues and opportunities to value add.
- The Manager must have previous exposure to and have developed good working relationships with clients.
- Good time management skills and meet taxation deadlines for a large group of clients.
- Excellent staff leadership skills and have prior experience in managing a group of people.
- Present professionally and possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills which will be consistently used in dealings with clients, Partners and staff members.
Why join our team?
- We believe in building meaningful relationships with our new team members from the moment we first connect
- Upon commencing, you will have a buddy to show you the ropes!
- Join a firm that is growing and open to change and disruption in today’s economy
- Our clients operate across the globe and our people reflect this diversity
- This is real life, so there will be times when you need to work extra hours to deliver for our clients. But we give you those hours back in quieter periods through a benefit we call ‘matched time’
- Maintain a balanced lifestyle, with two extra paid days off a year, volunteer leave, sporting, community, and social activities
- Our values are at the very heart of our firm and guide the way we interact within our firm and the manner in which we interact and engage with you
- Building a career at SW will see you join a hardworking and friendly team that values creating opportunities for our people and our clients. Create your own individual story and become a part of ours.