INDIRECT TAX SPECIALIST
This is an exciting opportunity to join a busy tax team. As a VAT Specialist, you will enjoy being able to advise and support on all matters related to Indirect Tax in both the UK and EU regions. This will cover VAT, passenger taxes and other indirect tax work. Compared to many roles at this level, the position has a large amount of advisory / project work and business partnering.
You will be required to support the Indirect Taxes Manager with all aspects of Indirect Taxes Accounting for all business sections including, UK Tour Operators, Retail, Airline, Cruise, Irish Tour Operator and other group companies.
The role is based in Luton, but at TUI we believe work is something you do not somewhere you go. We believe in offering as much flexibility to the individual on whether they work from an office or elsewhere. With this flexibility in find, please note you will be expected to attend the office on average at least one day per week – which genuinely offers a great office and home life balance.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Review the current VAT processes and control framework, making changes where necessary to streamline the overall process
- Train both finance and non-finance staff on all relevant VAT matters
- Stay up to date on any changes that are related to Indirect Tax and communicate accordingly across the wider business
- Assist internal functions with considering Indirect Tax implications from business changes e.g new contracts / new destinations / new business models. This may include applications for new VAT registrations
- Advise colleagues on VAT queries and resolve issues arising from invoice processing
- Maintenance of VAT controls including table review and updating tax tables within various systems
- Ad hoc projects as required to ensure we remain compliant in all areas relating to indirect taxes
- International VAT/Indirect tax experience would be great, but we are happy to consider applicants just with UK VAT experience
- Strong Indirect tax advisory experience with excellent technical skills.
- Desire and confidence to challenge ideas, working both autonomously and as part of a team.
- Pro-active and enjoy problem-solving, working in an agile way and making well-informed decisions within tight deadlines
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude to ensure the highest level of service is delivered to internal and external stakeholders
- Engaging communicator, confident in dealing with varying situations and always to a high standard
- Strong organisation, planning and project management skills.
- Exceptional numeracy and data analysis skills, plus good system skills (preferably with SAP and Excel).
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Private Medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Pension scheme and life assurance