Are you looking for a great place to progress your career and make your mark?
With almost 90 team members, we are a growing and pioneering practice. We are looking to recruit ambitious, self-starters, who thrive in finding solutions, building great client relationships and working in a collaborative team. We encourage an all-encompassing culture where people can be themselves. As a practice, Rouse are passionate about diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Your career at Rouse will be underpinned by our four-core values Respect, Integrity, Care and Excellence which are at the heart of everything we do.
We support exciting and prestigious clients based across the UK. Through the Praxity alliance, we also cater for international clients.
As a Tax Manager, you will be working within a supportive environment where you will be encouraged to develop and progress. Your individual efforts and contributions are recognised and rewarded, bringing further opportunities for career development and progression.
In this role you will manage the team in conjunction with the Senior Tax Manager and Partner(s) to ensure timely and accurate delivery of technical tax services. This will include:
- Manage and service your own private client portfolio. This mainly involves the delivery of self-assessment tax returns but can also include advisory work that arises from the portfolio, billing and managing work in progress. Manage more junior members of the team to deliver on your portfolio. Responsibility for departmental initiatives and programmes whilst continuing involvement in supervision, training and development of the team. Possible line management of more junior members of staff Ensure tax department administration is kept up to date, and routine administration dealt with in a timely manner. Liaise and communicate with other departments, clients and partners. Identify cross selling opportunities to partner through networking. Support Tax Partner. Responsibility for departmental initiatives and programmes. Maintain up to date technical knowledge. Involvement in marketing of the tax service line by attending client functions and seminars. Review complex client tax returns.
Essential Skills and Experience
The ideal person for this role will be well organised and able to work to agreed timescales, whilst having the ability to actively engage with clients. You will:
- Undertake CPD in accordance with Institute and Rouse requirements and maintain up-to-date CPD record. Approachable member of the tax team. Able to prioritise workload. Effective people management, coaching and supervisory skills. Ability to feedback. Ensures technical knowledge is up to date and seeks expert advice when required. Maintains excellent relations by communicating effectively at all levels with colleagues and clients. Accurate documentation of work and ability to use initiative. Has an overview of all tax work.
- Takes appropriate level of responsibility to maintain a high quality of work whilst organising and managing time efficiently and effectively. Use tact and diplomacy to deal with difficult situations with clients and colleagues.
- Able to do technical research on areas for Partner. Shows flexibility in considering different points of view and options available.
- Plans time effectively and completes timesheets by the required deadline. Aware of work pressures, peaks and troughs. Maintains high professional standards of conduct and practice. Qualified ATT and/or CTA – minimum 5 years relevant tax experience.