We are recruiting for a part time Accounts Senior to work within our Hereford office, reporting directly to the Senior Managers.
The role will be to work with our clients and provide support with bookkeeping, management accounts, year-end accounts and assist with management of outsourcing processes. The hours of work are flexible, working a minimum of 22.5 hours per week.
As a growing region Haines Watts are looking for highly skilled entrepreneurial individuals to join the team to assist us in achieving our strategic goal of being the number one advisor to owner managed businesses.
We are a top 15 accountancy firm specialising within the owner-managed business area across the UK. A well-established firm since the 1930s with an entrepreneurial and dynamic feel who are continuing to grow nationally as well as regionally.
We are proudly known as an excellent place to work, with the prized one-star accreditation for employee engagement from Best Companies, an accreditation showing our 'very good' levels of workplace engagement.
To be authentic, show passion and value relationships is our primary focus at Haines Watts and we are committed to attracting talent based on these principles.
We know that in addition to a competitive salary, our team members want benefits that are flexible enough to meet their needs and to change with them as their priorities change. We offer a wide range of benefits which include holidays, life assurance, company pension scheme and employee assistance programme along with a range of flexible benefits for you to choose. These include local gym membership, cycle to work scheme, critical illness insurance and a fantastic range of cash back and discounts with selected retailers on our rewards website.
The Accounts Senior duties will be:
- Produce an accounts working file, and draft accounts.
- Clear arising queries with clients and produce a list of discussion points for the senior managers or partner.
- Work within a budget agreed at the planning stage.
- Produce draft tax computations and (for companies) a provision for inclusion in the accounts.
- Inclusion of statutory disclosures in line with the company checklist.
- Plan and control professional work for the firm's clients within the firm's standard procedures and identify basic planning opportunities.
- Working knowledge of computer based programs.
- Attend Haines Watts led training and seminars to further develop and maintain technical and personal development skills.
- Attend training to further develop and maintain technical skills and if not yet attained to work towards a professional qualification.
- Professionally represent the firm and its interests in dealings with clients and other professionals.
- Previous experience as an Accounts Senior within an accounting firm.
- Knowledge of Iris and Xero preferred, but not essential.
- Skills in Microsoft Excel and Word are essential.
- Charity accounts experience would be an advantage.
- Qualified to ACA, ACCA (including part qualified) and AAT level or equivalent as a minimum or by experience.
- Full study support package offered if part qualified.
- Haines Watts is committed to develop its people and will provide extensive training offering a full study package including qualification funding, study leave, college based tuition and a mentor who will support the Accounts Senior throughout to successfully complete their professional qualification.
The Accounts Senior will have the below skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and manage workload
- Excellent IT skills including good use of Excel
- Team Player
- Approachability and availability
- Honesty and integrity
If you are keen to secure a progressive Accounts Senior role within a unique top 15 accountancy firm please apply today to find out more.
We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to Haines Watts by any means. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the Haines Watts Recruitment team, Haines Watts reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment any agency fee.