We’re Kingfisher. You might know us as B&Q, Screwfix, Castorama, Brico Depot or Koçtaş. We’re made up of 78,000 passionate people, call 1,300 stores home and operate in 8 countries. That’s right, we’re big, but we have ambitions to become even bigger and even better. We want to become the leading home improvement company and grow the largest community of home improvers in the world. And that’s where you come in.
At Kingfisher our customers come from all walks of life, and so do we. We want to ensure that all colleagues, future colleagues, and applicants to Kingfisher are treated equally regardless of age, gender, marital or civil partnership status, colour, ethnic or national origin, culture, religious belief, philosophical belief, political opinion, disability, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.
If you require any additional support or reasonable adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We advocate the benefits of a flexible and hybrid working environment, recognising that this means different things, to different people, in different roles. Want to apply as a job share, or propose a way of working that isn’t the traditional 9am – 5pm, Monday through to Friday? We’re all ears.
We’re recruiting for an experienced, forward-thinking Management Accountant to join us at Kingfisher on us in Southampton. You will be responsible for the day-to-day management, reporting and forecasting of the Kingfisher plc Head Office P&L. This will include accruals, month end, quarter end, half year and year end, variance analysis, forecasting and budgeting.
You’ll also have a chance to support various process-related queries for the business and ad hoc project work, including our global implementation Source to Pay project.
Key responsibilities in the role:
- Month end processes, including accruals preparation, journals preparation, review of month end P&L numbers and balance sheets, P&L commentary, submitting financials to HFM, variance analysis and key performance reporting
- Business support for Kingfisher plc including vendor creation processes, invoice processing support and ad-hoc expenditure analysis
- Responsibility for Kingfisher plc staff costs, including calculating headcount, tracking costs and variances, calculation of related provisions such as bonus, holiday pay, relocation etc
- Build and maintain relationships with colleagues by assisting and advising on finance-related queries relating to expenses, invoices, cost centres, payment related queries.
Skills required to deliver this role:
- Qualified accountant – CIMA/ACCA
- Extensive experience within a Management Accountant role
- Demonstrable experience of accruals, month-end, year end, forecasts, budgeting etc
- Proficient in excel
- Ability to work with and present to colleagues and stakeholders across the business
- SAP & Hyperion experience is desirable
What can we offer you?
Competitive salary + benefits including -
Bonus, Award-winning pension scheme, discount at B&Q, Bupa healthcare.
We are passionate about our people, which is why we are committed to delivering 5 million hours of training by 2025!
This is an exciting opportunity to join our global business. In return, we provide an inspirational working environment, a competitive benefits package and opportunities to stretch and grow your career. Interested? Great, apply now and help us to Power the Possible.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button below.