Finance Manager (Transition & Transformation)
Transition & Transformation Manager
We build and run smart finance functions for fast-growth and complex businesses.
Our mission is to deliver relevant insight that enables better business decisions.
Our vision is to transform and lead how finance delivers deep business insights to key decision-makers.
This is how we’re different
Fast-growth business leaders need responsive reporting and relevant insight now, not tomorrow. So, we use technology to simplify complex data and deliver relevant insight.
At flinder, we up the ante; we want to transform the way in which finance delivers deep business insight to key decision makers.
We support clients through the scale and funding journey. We cut through the fluff. We deliver meaningful insight. We get them ready for funding. We support them on the Board. With our help, they have the insight and evidence to tell a great story about their business to instil investors' confidence. With our support, they continue to grow. Fast.
Most of our clients are fast-growth, typically equity-backed, businesses predominantly in London. But, we also work with businesses all over the world; for example Australia and North America on data analytics projects.
ENTREPRENEURS AT HEART
Creators. Leaders. Self-starters. We're a fast-growth company that likes to challenge convention. We're always thinking and looking ahead.
We're interested in our clients. We take the time to get to know what makes their business tick. Yes, we deliver on business, data and finance challenges, but it's always strategic, insightful and relevant.
A BS-FREE ZONE
We're true to ourselves, and we're straight with our clients. So, if we think something is the right thing for our client’s business, we'll say it even if it's not what they want to hear.
We don't settle. We're always looking for a better way. We're relentless when it comes to delivering the highest standards and getting the best outcome for clients.
Transition & Transformation Manager
As a Transition & Transformation Manager, you will be responsible for driving our group services to predominantly new businesses. You will be responsible for setting the success of the client journey. As an expert, you’ll own the transformation process, driving a team of experts and championing the wider business.
What you’ll be doing
• Lead and develop the ‘Transition & Transformation’ Team as a profit centre
• Responsible and accountable for the successful client transition journey
• Demonstrate immediate impact and value working with flinder – across finance and the wider business e.g. operational best practice and data harvesting.
• Designing new leading practice to-be processes as part of transitioning clients to flinder.
• Get under the skin of new clients’ business and what they really value – sharing this with the BAU team.
• Developing strong and trusted relationships with senior client stakeholders.
• Identifying future opportunities and influencing senior stakeholders.
• Responsible for carrying out flinder methodology and training others in our transition and transformation approach.
• Reporting to flinder Business Adviser’s and CFOs.
• Finance system design and build and working with data structures.
• Improve processes for new clients to best in practice, leveraging technology where possible and streamlining them.
• Supporting the design of rich bespoke client management information.
• Developing client process manuals.
• Supporting on complex consulting solutions across the business.
• Ad-hoc work required in an agile business.
Who we’re looking for
• An accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) or equivalent.
• At least 3 years of relevant post qualification experience, ideally in a small to mid sized accounting firm or finance consulting boutique.
• Extensive experience and working knowledge of bookkeeping, management accounts, consolidations, finance processes, controls and data.
• Practical experience working on finance transformation and other consulting projects such as system implementations and process optimisations.
• Experience applying consulting methodologies and ability to adapt style and methodologies to new situations.
• Experience of leading practice processes and cloud technology - finance and typical operational applications for tech, SaaS and e-commerce businesses e.g. Hubspot, Shopify, A2X.
• Specific experience with the companies act requirements and UK GAAP.
• An enjoyment of working for different clients whilst understanding their individual needs.
• Experience in managing multiple stakeholders.
• Strong project management and multi-tasking skills.
• Strong computer skills, with particular experience in Excel.
• Experience with cloud accounting systems (e.g. Xero, QuickBooks, Sage One/Live).
• Excellent attention to detail and time management skills.
• The ability to proactively question everything to improve quality and processes.
• Appreciation that client satisfaction is absolutely second to none.
• Drive and desire for progression within flinder, we want our people to continue to develop.
• Travel to client sites may be required (typically in and around London)
• Your skills and experience will determine the entry level, and progression within flinder will be dependent on performance
• Thrive working in an entrepreneurial environment, have a clear understanding of the flinder values and demonstrating these in everything you do is an absolute must
• An interest in skiing or snowboarding would be helpful for our annual ski trip!
• £50,000 – £58,000 (experience dependent)
• Discretionary performance related bonus (5%)
• Private medical insurance
• Fully paid skiing strategy week
• Unlimited holiday allowance
• Flexible working
• MacBook Air available for business and personal use
• Business mobile phone or BYOD allowance
You will predominantly be based in London and travel to prospect sites and events will be required. From time to time you may work from home depending on business and client needs.
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide any form of visa sponsorship, so candidates must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa and be eligible to take up full time, permanent employment.
EU candidates must also demonstrate they are eligible to take up UK employment post-Brexit.