FAAS Transaction Manager
EY- Assurance – Manager- FAAS
As part of our EY-Assurance Team, the Manager will be responsible for working closely with FAAS leadership, Partners, Senior Managers, Assistant Managers, Seniors and Staff on client engagements across Americas and EMEIA.
We’re looking for incumbents who should have extensive experience in Financial Accounting and Advisory Services.
Your key responsibilities
Lead global or domestic client service teams to execute the following FAAS solutions:
- Financial Accounting and Reporting Excellence
- GAAP conversions
- Transaction accounting
- Accounting change (revenue recognition and lease accounting)
- Accounting policy and governance
- Remediation and readiness
- Organizing and providing technical training
- Addressing service delivery quality issues, if and when they occur
Manage and develop people
- Lead a team of Assistant Managers and Seniors and make sure the team delivers high–quality work, as per EY Global methodology, on time and to budget
- Conduct FAAS team performance reviews, serve as a positive leader and mentor, and contribute to the team performance
- Identify development opportunities and training needs for high performing Assistant Managers Seniors or Staff.
Manage business and clients
- Actively support the Americas or EMEIA FAAS leadership both in terms of growth as well as quality initiatives
- Enhance relationships with global teams and leverage connections to identify opportunities for work at the GDS
Skills and attributes for success
- Expert knowledge of IFRS or US GAAP and Indian accounting standards
- Extensive hands–on experience in the following areas:
- GAAP conversions and implementation of new accounting standards
- Drafting and designing accounting policies
- Technical accounting research and advisory
- Consolidation and compilation support
- Financial statement close process support
Responsibilities, Qualifications, Certifications - Internal
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Chartered Accountant (CA), CPA (US) or ACCA (UK)
- 6–10 years of post–qualification experience in assurance or finance controllership roles, including 2+ years of Financial Accounting and Advisory experience
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Proficiency in MS – Excel, MS – Office.
- Interest in business and commerciality.
What we look for
- A Team of people with commercial acumen, technical experience and enthusiasm to learn new things in this fast-moving environment
- An opportunity to be a part of market-leading, multi-disciplinary team of 7200 + professionals, in the only integrated global assurance business worldwide.
- Opportunities to work with EY GDS Assurance practices globally with leading businesses across a range of industries
What working at EY offers
At EY, we’re dedicated to helping our clients, from start–ups to Fortune 500 companies — and the work we do with them is as varied as they are.
You get to work with inspiring and meaningful projects. Our focus is education and coaching alongside practical experience to ensure your personal development. We value our employees and you will be able to control your own development with an individual progression plan. You will quickly grow into a responsible role with challenging and stimulating assignments. Moreover, you will be part of an interdisciplinary environment that emphasizes high quality and knowledge exchange. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you