CIB F&BM – Markets Operations Finance Manager – Associate – Bournemouth
Financial Analysis is responsible for partnering across the firm to provide financial and strategic analysis, oversight, and coordination of budgeting and forecasting. Our Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) teams are responsible for a wide range of activities including financial control, forecasting and budgeting, analysis of financial/business metrics, delivery of weekly/monthly/quarterly management reporting, development of new reporting capabilities (e.g. dashboards), and advising the line of business CFOs on how to increase profitability and efficiencies.
You will analyze, prepare, and reconcile accounting and technical data as well as prepare reports, while always thinking of and devising ways to streamline and minimize cycle times through automated applications and process improvement. You will also help develop recommendations effecting business procedures and operations and maintain financial and reporting systems. In addition, you will assist the department and other team members with special projects or components of other projects as needed.
In a Financial Analysis role, you would be responsible for:
- Managing annual/continual financial planning activities for Markets Operations areas, providing business rationale and decisions for all month-end financial performance and forecasting, conducting reviews and analysis on Operations financial performance, budgeting, billing, trends, and exception reports
- Efficiency reporting, analytics and strategy - including, but not limited to - location strategy, span of control, reporting and analytics
- Creating financial business cases supporting business initiatives
- Reporting on and monitoring key metrics, driving data quality initiatives across the product area, and helping define future needs of the product area
- Developing and tracking performance metrics, creating presentations, and generally providing financial analysis on a variety of topics to senior management
- Performing variance analysis to understand the key drivers of the results and presenting commentary to senior managers, explaining changes from prior forecasts/budgets
- Helping design new reports and dashboards to efficiently deliver the financial results to senior management
- Enhancing controls and streamlining processes, introducing automation where possible
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a subject of a technical nature
- Solid work experience, preferably in Financial Services, and/or accounting/controller background
- Advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficiency with data mining/gathering and manipulation of data sets
- Inquisitive, enthusiastic and diligent, and capable of challenging peers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex issues clearly
- Ability to create ad hoc reporting for senior management
- Proven track record for executing on special projects / assignments, often with little lead time or information
- Highly motivated and able to thrive and think clearly under pressure and tight deadlines
- Team player with the ability to be respected as a trusted partner for the Business, Finance, and FP&A Teams
- Highly motivated self-starter with excellent time management/prioritization skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with ability to analyze large data sets and present conclusions concisely
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.