Group Mgr, Fund/Client Acct
- Fund/Client Accounting - M3 Directs multiple Fund Accounting teams that are responsible for conducting accounting services on behalf of a broad array of assigned clients including determining net asset values, calculating fund performance, allocating expenses, and preparing reports.
- Responsible for the financial and human resources for the unit and ensures assigned teams are operating effectively to meet unit goals and objectives. Directs processes and allocation of resources in determining the net asset value (NAV) for assigned funds in multiple sectors for each measurement cycle.
- Manages relationships with a broad set of clients and resolves any unique escalated issues related to fund calculations and accounting.
- Directs and sets priorities for processes that check for the completeness and accuracy of disclosure in financial statements. Provides guidance to teams managed to ensure that accounting records are maintained in accordance with departmental policies and procedures. Resolves complex escalated issues from team members.
- Evaluates GAAP and/or IFRS rules to determine impact of new regulations on BNY Mellon fund accounting practices. Develops strategy for and provides guidance to teams on the implementation of new policies to follow regulations.
- Implements and assists in setting guidelines, policies, and priorities for the drafting of financial reports for a broad set of clients to review fund performance.
- Communicates reports and complex accounting intricacies to clients. Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team. Oversees relationships with auditors and clients to make changes to financial reports and ensure they accurately depict fund performance.
- Manages multiple Fund/Client Accounting teams. Work is primarily accomplished through subordinate managers.
- Contributes to the achievement of multiple teams objectives Bachelors degree in accounting or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 5-7 years of total work experience and at least 1-3 years in management preferred.
- Big 4 accounting firm experience preferred..
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.