Risk Operations Manager, Officer
Risk Operations Manager will be accountable for Risk Operations Team and reviews the accuracy of risk reports to our client base, assists on processing and ensures timely resolution/address of client inquiries. Employee will be also responsible for developing and training risk analysts within the risk team. Leading a team of 7 - 15 direct reports.
What you will be responsible for
- Assist the team with reconciliation of risk results against accounting reports and independent data. Investigates further where necessary
- Good understanding on risk techniques and valuation methods (Value At Risk, Stress Testing, Exposures, Greeks, BackTesting)
- Execute the department strategy as outlined by senior management
- Drive efficiencies, streamline operational processes
- Provide support, resolve client issues, and demonstrate a firm understanding of the product to users (risk managers, traders etc.)
- Review risk reports before delivering to existing clients
- Develop and execute user acceptance tests
- Assist team development & in the implementation projects for new risk clients
- Other project-based tasks as assigned
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- People management skills
- Strong understanding of financial markets and risk management techniques.
- Strong analytical ability and problem solving skills
- Highly motivates, multi-task capable and willingness to learn and develop within role.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Degree in Applied Mathematics/Finance/Economics or related field
- FRM or CFA qualification an advantage
- 4-6 years of experience in Financial Services
- Proven work experience with SQL query and Advanced Excel.
- Bloomberg and/or Reuters knowledge
What we offer
- Permanent contract from day one
- Additional holidays (Birthday Day Off, 3rd and 5th year anniversary Day Off)
- VIP medical package for employees and their families (partner and children)
- Premium life insurance package and private pension plan
- Wide range of soft skills training, technical workshops, language classes and development programs
- Opportunities to volunteer your time to company-driven initiatives, employee networks or organizations of your choice
- Variety of well-being programms
Apply today – we are committed to teaching you the ropes for your successful career in State Street
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.