Associate Accountant, Global Reconciliation
This professional will join the Global Financial Control (GFC) team within the Corporate Controller’s Group and will be part of Manila Reconciliation Control Team who is responsible for the administration of the global reconciliation tool, ensuring that best practice reconciliations and internal controls processing are maintained.
The position will require a good understanding of reporting of financial results, and technical capability in understanding complex business processes and systems interface. The role will require understanding, investigation and documentation of exceptions arising from the completion of month end reconciliations and coordination of exceptions with global financial reporting teams for resolution..
The successful individual will be required to have strong working relationships with the business and finance teams. The role will report directly to a Team Lead in Manila with dotted line reporting to the GFC Team Lead in London and Accounting Data & Support Team Lead in Chicago.
- Administrates and monitors the balance sheet reconciliation platform of Northern Trust.
- Ensures that all balance sheet reconciliations are completed timely and in accordance with the corresponding policies.
- Analyses account reconciliations and exceptions to produce bi-monthly reports to the management.
- Analyses connections of multiple accounting systems and resolve account balances-related queries.
- Provides reconciliation training to new system users.
- Performs quality assurance testing on random account reconciliations.
- Attends meetings with various internal and external partners and develops or builds rapport with them.
- Initiates or assists in the completion of special projects or routine research as required.
- Works with various internal and external partners.
- Self-starter with an ability to self-motivate.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and technical accounting skills are required.
- Ability to proactively assess issues, identify solutions and solve problems.
- Ability to adapt and react timely and positively in a changing and dynamic work environment.
- Flexible approach towards changing work methods, deadlines and variable workloads.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deliver to tight deadlines.
- Ability to develop relationships with diverse groups and various levels of financial and operating personnel.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team where the accuracy and timeliness of data are critical.
- Flexibility, multi-tasking, creative thinking, good business judgment skills are required to meet strict deadlines and manage other projects.
- Proficiency in Excel and experience in large data analytics is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance is required.
- 1-4 years of related work experience.
- Experience with and knowledge of ERP accounting software is required.
- Experience with PeopleSoft General Ledger is a plus; experience with use of reconciliations systems, Trintech or Blackline is a plus.
- Exposure to corporate financial reporting and consolidation is preferred.
- General Accounting experience (recording journal entries, preparing reconciliations) is preferred.
1:00PM - 10:00PM or 4:00PM - 1:00AMWorking with Us: As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose. We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. Reasonable accommodation Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people. Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.