Fund Accounting Manager
HedgeServ is a leading global fund administrator with more than $450 billion in assets under administration across all investment vehicles including Hedge Funds, Private Equity Funds, UCITS, Hybrid Credit Managers, Funds of Funds and Managed Account Platforms. We optimize our clients’ experience using unique proprietary technology coupled with robotic process automation, intuitive digital programs powered by machine learning, and enhanced by an extensive proprietary transaction data set. HedgeServ’s entrepreneurial and innovative spirit cultivates a productive and agile environment enabling its team to anticipate clients’ needs and consistently deliver solutions in real time. Led by the most experienced team of industry experts, HedgeServ with 1,500+ professionals around the globe expertly provides customizable solutions for their clients’ risk, portfolio management, middle office, investor relations, accounting, regulatory, compliance, and tax services. Since its inception in 2008, HedgeServ has received numerous accolades, including Top Overall Administrator and #1 rankings for Fund Accounting, Reporting & Reporting Technology, Client Service, Investor Services, Alternative Fund Expertise, and Regulatory Expertise.
HedgeServ is a progressive company with continuously evolving ways of working to ensure a future-focused mindset. Our employees benefit from a robust career development framework and clear learning paths which outline career trajectory, training and progression plans. HedgeServ supports employees through a variety of offerings, including remote and hybrid working arrangements, and fully paid comprehensive health and well-being benefits. HedgeServ was recognized as a Next Gen employer by RippleMatch on its list of 100 top workplaces for Generation Z for 2022. HedgeServ operates 13 offices in the United States, Grand Cayman, Ireland, Poland, Bulgaria, Luxembourg, Philippines and Australia.
A Fund Accounting Manager will be required to manage the overall NAV calculation process within the guidelines and procedures provided by HedgeServ and under the supervision and guidance of an AVP and Fund Accounting Director. They will ensure the timely and accurate delivery of NAV calculations. They will assist in the development of client relationships and will require a detailed understanding of the service requirements for Hedge Fund Administration. Every Fund Accounting Manager will receive the requisite Induction Training in addition to both compulsory training (AML/KYC) and optional training. Additional client-specific training is provided by the Director and Managing Director.
HedgeServ operates a client focused structure which provides a wide-range of experience to all levels of employee. As such a Fund Accounting Manager should be flexible and willing to adapt.
A Fund Accounting Manager should be capable of managing a team of up to 10 staff servicing clients with various requirements and deadlines.
- Managing client relationships involving interaction with both the client and the relevant Fund Accounting Director to ensure consistency of service.
- Ensure the assigned fund accounting team operates within the clearly defined and documented control environment.
- Manage and develop client teams of up to 10 employees.
- Resolve fund accounting enquiries escalated by Assistant Manager or Supervisor.
- Ensure all aged items on cash and position reconciliations are resolved timely.
- Review daily and monthly NAV calculations.
- Develop and improve NAV calculation workflows and procedures.
- Review fee calculations and profit and loss allocations.
- Review applicable monthly, yearly and inception to date performance.
- Manage the audit process ensuring timely and successful completion of fund audits including preparation of fund financial statements.
- Investigate accounting implications of new products.
- Manage and complete client initialization and transition.
- Participate in development and presentation of fund accounting training.
- Manage fund accounting recruitment, training and performance evaluations.
- Resolve exceptional problems and take on special projects or tasks as assigned.
- Handle complex calls from clients.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Investor Services, Quality Assurance, Client Servicing and Compliance departments within HedgeServ.
Job Requirements for the role
- Completed bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or finance
- 6 years’ experience working in a Hedge Fund Administration Firm with at least 1 of those at Assistant Manager Level is desired.
- Accounting, Finance, Legal or Business Degree.
- Intention to actively pursue a professional accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA, CPA, ACA), if not already started, part qualified or qualified, would be an advantage but is not required.
- IT Literate.
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to be flexible and work effectively both within a team structure or independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good initiative coupled with the ability to identify when escalation is required.
- Reliable, flexible and dependable.
- Ability to positively influence team morale.
- Demonstrate leadership skills.
- Take ownership of designated tasks.
- Act as a role model for HedgeServ.
- Attractive compensation package including extensive set of benefits such as Premium Health Insurance, Multisport Card, My Benefit – Cafeteria System, Life Insurance
- Professional environment with great development opportunities
- Training and development in a wide variety of areas to ensure staff are constantly developing and progressing their skills
- Tuition policy with study leave and generous payment of all related fees
- Enjoy a start-up like environment on the back of a well-established and profitable company
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.