Alter Domus is currently seeking a new Associate I to join our Credit & Structured Products team at our Chicago, IL, office.
- Work within the Credit & Structured Products team to gain functional knowledge of both bank loan assets and portfolio accounting principles to accurately input, review, analyze and record-keep portfolios of syndicated bank loans;
- Gain expertise in relevant Loan Servicing software, various proprietary systems, and our internal accounting platform to ensure accuracy of output;
- Liaise with external parties and cooperate with internal account management teams to ensure timely response to credit client inquiries;
- Learn to process all life cycle events for portfolios containing multiple asset types;
- Create, review and distribute reconciliations and customized daily/monthly reporting to clients;
- Update client portfolios with custom post trade attributes, rating information, and other vendor data;
- Oversee data flow and comparison between systems to validate daily portfolio level output is accurate;
- Effectively interact with internal and external parties including Loan Admin, Fund Admin, Technology, Asset Services, Recon, Trade Settlement, Trustees and Agent Banks.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business, or economics preferred;
- Basic understanding of loan operations, loan securitization principals, general financial accounting knowledge, and customer service experience;
- Ability to prioritize tasks, independently research and resolve issues, and manage ambiguity;
- Responsive, friendly, professional, highly organized, and superb communication style;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel;
- Knowledge or familiarity with Bloomberg, performance systems, and other loan research and analysis tools an advantage;
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to thrive within a high-volume data-entry environment with both proficiency and accuracy; and
- Demonstrated willingness to work within a deadline-driven environment.
Independent and possessing more than fifteen years’ experience in its field, Alter Domus has become a leader in corporate and management services for private equity & infrastructure and real estate funds as well as listed and unlisted companies. Our staff of over 2,000 people also provides fund administration and financial reporting services. We mentor and develop our employees’ technical knowledge and practical skills. We also champion commitment and a customer-oriented mindset.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Alter Domus offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including a generous vacation policy, a diverse work environment, and strong global connections. As you collaborate with colleagues in our fast-paced environment, you will gain exposure to demanding and stimulating experiences that you will take with you as your career progresses. We provide a sophisticated work environment with prominent clients that will take your ambitions and talents to the next level and give you the resources and support you need to succeed.
For more information, please visit: www.alterdomus.com.
Alter Domus is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.