Tax Services - Customs and international Trade - Senior Manager
DescriptionAt PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & SummaryA career in our Middle East Customs and international Trade practice, within our Tax and Legal Line of Service, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet and manage their customs and tax obligations across the Middle East and globally. You’ll advise clients on their local and overseas customs and trade affairs as a strategic consultant to their business.
Our Middle East team helps organizations manage their customs and indirect tax liabilities in an efficient manner to improve in cash flow optimisation and risk reduction. You’ll help with structuring business transactions, developing efficient supply chain models, handling customs audits and disputes and identify automation opportunities for customs and trade processes.
You will form part of our wider Middle East Indirect Tax practice, and you will have the opportunity to address import and export VAT matters as well as Excise Tax, among other critical Indirect Tax aspects of the international trade activity of our clients. AAlso, as part of our Middle East Tax practice, you will also be involved in projects addressing the complexities around Transfer Pricing and Customs Valuation, M&A transactions and International Tax restructuring. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to deliver transformation projects for the leading Customs Administrations and Tax and Trade Agencies in the Middle East region.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to
- Take action to ensure everyone has a voice, inviting opinions from all.
- Establish the root causes of issues and tackle them, rather than just the symptoms.
- Initiate open and honest coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realizes they are required.
- Develop specialized expertise in one or more areas.
- Advise stakeholders on relevant technical issues for their business area.
- Navigate the complexities of global teams and engagements.
- Build trust with teams and stakeholders through open and honest conversation.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Directors and above
- Be involved in the financial management of clients
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Develop project strategies to solve complex technical challenges for our clients
- Manage and deliver large projects by developing the project team, assessing engagement risks throughout, driving conclusions, and reviewing / challenging the output produced by the team
- Shape and deliver projects to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients and our own quality criteria
- Train, coach, and supervise team members
- Continue to develop internal relationships and developing your PwC brand
- Experienced in customs & international trade advisory services.
- Knowledge of the customs regulations, policies and practices in the GCC countries.
- Working knowledge of World Trade Organization (WTO), World Customs Organization (WCO) and other international agreements and frameworks as relevant to international trade in the GCC.
- Strong management & business development skills are required. Ability to link between technical operations and business opportunities
- Project management experience, having worked on customs & international trade transformation projects for Customs Administrations and other Government Tax and Trade agencies.
- Languages: fluent in English. Arabic is an advantage
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)Arabic, English
Travel RequirementsUp to 20%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?Yes
Government Clearance Required?Yes
Job Posting End DateJuly 31, 2022
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.