Senior Direct Tax Specialist
The Direct Tax Specialist role is designed for supporting and delivering activities carried out by the Manage Direct Tax team (MDT Team). It provides a very good exposure on Direct Tax Compliance and Group Reporting. The role also involves individual contributor responsibilities, primarily as a preparer of a limited number of legal entities in assigned location/s.
- Deliver on time and accurate tax calculation and reporting of Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Direct Tax Provisions and related Advance Tax payments;
- Understand and operate tax provisioning and compliance tools;
- Understand Group Accounting and Reporting changes and enable incorporation of changes in the process as may be relevant;
- Prepare Monthly (or ad-hoc) Tax Returns;
- Support the onshore team in Annual Tax Return Preparation;
- Ensure timely submission of internal reports for direct tax reconciliation to the controllers;
- Responsible for various tax accounts reconciliation;
- Provide Quarterly submission of direct tax key performance indicators;
- Resolve complex direct tax issues, liaise with counter-parties and other departments on variances reconciliations, plausibility checks, dry-run analysis;
- Support quarterly and annual audit support (internal, external and Tax Authorities);
- Develop templates and collate information to respond inquiries from tax authorities and internal stakeholders;
- Providing strong support to Business Groups in their control of business related tax risks with accuracy and timely;
- Owning the SOX controls and responsible for their effectiveness;
- Support and work on transition additional/new scope migrations of MDT activities.
- University degree (Law, Economy, Finance, Accounting preferable)
- Minimum of 4-5 years of experience in accounting/finance in multinational environment
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in Direct Tax calculation and Tax Return preparation
- Knowledge of international direct tax standards
- Experience of using a major ERP system such as SAP, SUN, JDE, Oracle, PeopleSoft will be beneficial
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, specially Excel tool
- Very good communication skills
- Comfortable working under time pressure situations
- Effective stakeholder management
- Comfortable working under time pressure
- Fluent English
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.