Company Secretary Senior Officer
We are Alter Domus. Our name means “The Other House” and we’re a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you’re speaking to. And it’s your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 3,600 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative.
Alter Domus clients include the world’s leading asset managers, lenders and asset owners. We’re specialists who use the most innovative technologies to create unparalleled solutions for the private equity, real assets and debt capital markets sectors. This is where standout talent advances what’s possible in fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement and CLO manager services
- You will have day to day responsibility for a varied portfolio containing a mix of real estate and private equity corporate entities and will act as one of the main liaison and points of contact for all matters relating to the clients;
- You will be an important link between management and junior staff, responsible for the quality of the work that is carried out for your clients. You will review work produced for submission to senior level staff.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Taking care of the day-to-day company secretarial operations of the entities;
- Overseeing various company secretarial transactions (e.g. incorporation, share allotment, capital reduction, change of directors, strike off, amendment of articles of association, buy back, power of attorney, loan notes etc.) to include preparation and/or review of the necessary corporate approvals, Companies House filings, statutory registers updates etc.;
- Training junior staff, delegating tasks and reviewing work;
- Preparing for and participating in board and shareholders' meetings and ensuring the minutes turnaround are respected;
- Ensuring the internal processes are followed and logs/trackers are updated;
- Maintenance of statutory records for entities and ensuring annual and ad-hoc filing requirements are met;
- Proactively arranging a regular review (healthcheck) of the entities’ records;
- Proactive collaboration between the Co-Sec and Accounting teams as well as other Alter Domus offices, with a focus on client service delivery;
- Working on the setup and / or on-boarding of client structures, and administering complex international structures;
- Assisting with the preparation, collation and ongoing monitoring of Know Your Customer / Client Due Diligence and promoter / corporate files;
- Interaction with clients, board members, third party intermediaries such as banks, lawyers, accountants and tax advisors both in person and via written or telephone communication;
- Monitoring changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and taking the appropriate action;
- Assisting the management with the billing and cash collection.
- Hold a university degree and/or relevant professional qualification (Chartered Governance Institute or equivalent) or be working towards one;
- You have 3 years or more of relevant experience (company secretarial and managing corporate structures of a similar nature);
- Prior Blueprint experience (now called Diligent) would be a very strong asset;
- You have a good knowledge of compliance requirements and AML regulations;
- You possess team spirit, the capacity to build strong client relationships, and take initiative to act without waiting for direction when appropriate;
- You adopt a flexible and hands-on approach;
- You are organised with an eye for detail;
- You have the ability to prioritise and to handle multiple projects simultaneously is essential;
- You possess good communication skills and you are able to deal with people at all levels.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.