Fund Accounting & Administration, Off
The Officer position is within the Private Equity & Real Estate Fund Services (PERA) Fund Accounting Business Unit of the State Street Alternative Investment Services Group.
The Officer will interact with all levels of professionals, internally and externally. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills are required. Candidates must demonstrate initiative, be able to perform well under pressure and simultaneously handle multiple assignments
The Officer will be responsible for ensuring team compliance with operating policies, procedures and guidelines in the completion of Net Asset Valuations (NAV) across our Private Equity/Debt Fund Structures.
The Officer will be responsible for team development, staff management and enhancing client satisfaction.
This position offers the successful candidate the opportunity to demonstrate leadership, communication and technical expertise. The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing company policy, overseeing client deliverables and contributing to the development of the team and the organization.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct and indirect management/supervision of PERA Fund Accounting staff
- Supervise and review the work performed by PERA Fund Accounting staff, in Ireland and other locations as applicable
- Manage internal workflows to ensure internal and client deadlines are met
- Manage expectations with client contacts
- Prepare and/or review monthly, quarterly and annual financial work papers; including portfolio schedules, accrual schedules, profit & loss schedules, and partner capital allocations
- Prepare and/or review investor capital call and distribution calculations; including the review of investor notices
- Process Fund Sub-Closes on accounting systems or accounting workpapers
- Prepare and/or review periodic bank and cash reconciliations and post journal entries
- Prepare and/or review quarterly management fee calculations, and other Fund calculations as applicable
- Prepare and/or review client related correspondence
- Coordinate annual audit with Fund Auditors
- Prepare and/or review Fund Waterfall calculations and Partner Capital Account allocations
- Review Fund governing documents, including Limited Partnership Agreements and Offering Memoranda, to ensure consistency with accounting procedures and calculations in use
- Establish and maintain working relationships with key client contacts, including investment professionals, investors, auditors, lawyers and banking personnel
- Participate in ad-hoc client/internal projects as required
- Participate in the development, testing and implementation of new systems and products
- Coordinate client deliverables, both with clients and internally, such as financial statements, capital calls and distribution notices
- Review and approve all transactions (money movement, trades, etc.) in accordance with established guidelines
- Assist team in ensuring all accounting procedures and calculations are consistent with governing documents
- Meet all requirements for the performance planning process including goal setting, regular and immediate feedback and submission of formalized performance appraisals. Ensure adherence to internal policies and procedures
- Ensure adherence to internal policies and procedures
- Assist with planning and management of ah-hoc client and corporate project work
- Co-ordinate and implement training and development activities across the team
- Assist with recruitment of new staff
- Manage absences, time keeping and holiday/cover arrangements within the teams
- Set and maintain standards of personal and professional performance and behavior; ensuring staff accountability and adherence to company policies and procedures
- Schedule and conduct team meetings
- Provide coaching, guidance and support to staff on technical, professional and client issues
- Manage the administration billing process
- Review and delivery of client KPIs
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.