Senior Financial Analyst
Description of business unit
The Group Planning team sits within GP&A and GPR. GP&A has overall responsibility for driving the Group budgeting and forecasting process, and developing and presenting Group-focused financial insight and analysis. Group Planning ensure that the Group strategy is aligned to, and embedded in Group financials providing leadership with highly relevant insight into business performance.
Purpose of the Role
The role of the Senior Financial Analyst is to assist in the reporting and analysis of the Group's Net Interest Income and to ensure delivery of high quality financial information to key stakeholders.
- Review and analysis of the Group's monthly Net Interest Income and Net Interest Margin with additional periodic reporting to support the Group's annual and interim financial reporting process.
- Support the forecasting and ICAAP processes for NII and NIM and any regulatory requests that may arise.
- Review of the Group's monthly BCOF process.
- Ensure all the team's financial controls operate optimally, while also implementing improvements to current methodologies and practices.
- Support key finance related projects and initiatives as the need arises.
What is the opportunity
This role provides an opportunity to develop a detailed understanding of one of Bank of Ireland Group's key financial metrics. The aim is to help develop presentations and reports for key stakeholders including senior finance management and external parties. There is also opportunities to build relationships with senior stakeholders across the Group
- 3rd level education - with a strong academic ability, ideally part or qualified Accountant
Essential Skills & Experience
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience of delivery to tight reporting deadlines
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Solid understanding of the SAP BCS.
- Strong appetite/evidence of operational improvement.
- Knowledge of economics, accounting and banking sector.
- Proven capacity to meet challenging targets.
- One Group, one team - Self
- Accountable - Self
- Manage Risk - Self
- Customer Focused - Self
- Agile - Self
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.