Reporting & Statutory Technical Accounting Senior Manager
Do you enjoy being a part of successful team?
Would you like to develop world-class Finance skills?
Join our accounting team
Our Global Finance Controllership Team provides support for driving reporting & statutory central compliance, financial and operational internal controls, process simplification, and operational excellence to deliver accurate actual financial reporting and analysis.
Partner with the best
As a Reporting & Statutory Technical Accounting Senior Manager you will ensure technical accounting compliance, financial and operational internal controls, process simplification, and operational excellence. We expect you understand concepts, methods, procedures, and approaches.
As a Reporting & Statutory Technical Accounting Senior Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Providing timely IFRS guidance for all research related questions from finance, accounting and GFO personnel.
- Collaborating with the Technical HQ team in US and support on reconciliation adjustments with US GAAP and on any interpretations for the purpose of aligning on outcomes within the policies scopes.
- Administering and apply policy or process for general accounting cycles including inventory, revenue recognition, receivables/payables, intercompany, etc.
- Monitoring the regulatory agencies websites for emerging issues, regulatory and supervisory updates and new regulatory opinion letters.
- Drafting of policy to develop improved internal IFRS policy guidance.
- Reviewing proposed regulatory reporting changes in order to provide comments on the application of the proposals to the organization.
- Assisting in the implementation of new accounting standards.
- Performing technical accounting research on a relevant business transactions and draft conclusions in accounting position documentations/papers.
- Leading the implementation of new accounting standards issued from the IFRS and relevant other accounting standard setters.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Bachelor or Master's Degree in Accounting, Finance or any business related field.
- Have professional qualification in either Accounting (CPA, ACCA, CIMA etc.) is an added advantage.
- Have minimum 10 years of relevant experience in Accounting within a Big 4 or multinational environment.
- Have good technical knowledge in Financial Standards for reporting in an international context, both in mature and developing jurisdictions.
- Have the ability to work in a fast-moving environment, take initiative and be able to self-managed.
- Have good written and spoken communication with the ability to effectively communicate complicated financial technical issues with senior leadership.
- Have exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of cross-functional teams.
- Have a good working knowledge and understanding of ERP systems, such as Oracle or SAP and advanced user in Excel.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
This role is a Full Time Regular, preferably live in Malaysia.
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we’re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we’re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.