Inspections & RMP Advisory Analyst
Description of business unit
Group Compliance has overall responsibility for the identification, management, advancement and reporting (as appropriate) of the Group's regulatory and conduct risks. Our goal is to provide support and challenge ensuring the management and mitigation of regulatory and conducts risks within an agreed risk appetite.
Purpose of the role
Work comprised as a team to provide second line of defence oversight of the bank's management of regulatory inspections and Risk Mitigation Programmes (RMP). Develop and provide timely, accurate and relevant MI and reporting on the status of inspections and RMPs to internal partners including Board level committees. Support the Group to achieve better outcomes through proactive engagement, advice and challenge.
- Support the RMP Advisory team to coordinate the Bank's portfolio of inspections and RMPs, with timely production of meaningful and forward looking MI and accurate reporting of the standing of that portfolio, including Board reporting.
- Co-ordinate activity for regulatory inspections collaborating closely with inspection teams from central banks and the inspected business units within Bank of Ireland.
- Second line of defence review and challenge of documentation which is submitted by the Bank to supervisors during the course of an inspection.
- Maintaining an up to date database of inspection and RMPs.
- Use database records to contribute to the identification of recurring themes and common issues in inspections to anticipate new issues and challenges before they arise.
- Sustain excellent relationships with the Company's supervisors including the Central Bank of Ireland and Joint Supervisory Teams.
- As part of the Regulatory Strategy team, contribute insights into senior management updates and committee briefings.
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement for the superintendence and oversight of regulatory inspections and RMPs.
- Represent the RMP Advisory team at relevant levels such as project working groups.
What is the opportunity
The opportunity is to become a key member of the RMP Advisory team working in a fast paced second line environment within the Regulatory Strategy team, supporting bank colleagues through regulatory inspections and in reporting of inspections and RMPs at executive level. The successful candidate has an opportunity to develop abilities covering a vast array of Compliance and Risk topics whilst also gaining exposure to senior management.
Ways of working
Working at Bank of Ireland doesn't have to mean working in an office to have an impact. Our dedication to enabling colleagues to thrive means that depending on role type you can have choice and flexibility in where you work and live, subject to your role, customer needs and our requirements. We have a hybrid working model, with home, agile hub and office based options available. We will always list a primary location which can be where you go for in person teamwork, and a location where you can best perform your role.
Please note you must live in the jurisdiction for the business to which you are contracted.
Essential skills & experience
- Two plus years of relevant business experience, preferably in roles across risk management in the banking industry.
- Highly skilled at maintaining and producing MI from large databases in various formats e.g. Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- A relentless attention to detail and ability to deliver MI and reporting on a 'Right First Time' basis.
- Strong planning, prioritisation and organisational skills with an ability to produce quality output within rigid timelines.
- Validated and consistent track record of being able to produce Board quality reporting and MI.
- Good communication skills with the ability to articulate ideas clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing, to a range of collaborators.
- High energy, bias for action, aim for results, strong resilience and focus on quality outputs.
- Flexibility to work in a changing environment; ability to meet challenging deadlines!
Desirable qualifications, skills & experience
Strong background and knowledge in Compliance and/or Risk management in the second line of defence.
Relevant third level degree or professional qualification, ideally in a Risk, Compliance or Audit field.
Previous experience in engaging with bank regulators and supervisors, or alternatively, experience working as a bank regulator or supervisor would be beneficial but not crucial!
- Customer Focused - Self
- Manage Risk - Self
- Accountable - Self
- One Group, one team - Self
- Agile - Self
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.