UK Payroll Specialist - HYBRID (Temp - with a view to Perm)
UK payroll is responsible for paying approximately 6,500 employees in the UK, partnering with our third-party payroll provider to achieve this. This role sits in the support team working between our payroll provider, HR, Pensions, Finance and our outsourced HR Services team to ensure payroll is processed accurately and on time for both our weekly and monthly payrolls.
This is a full time, temporary role, with a possible view to permanent
A global leader with an instantly recognisable brand name. Based in modern offices in the Kingston upon Thames area, with free parking provided, and very easy access via public transport.
The UK Payroll Specialist - HYBRID (Temp - with a view to Perm) role involves:
The UK business is a complex payroll landscape, including many senior employees and expats as well as collective agreement set ups. Although the day to day payroll operations are outsourced to the payroll provider, the payroll specialist role is required to own and manage the end to end UK payroll process as well as communicating with various stakeholders on all matters relating to UK Pay.
The role involves managing the end to end UK payroll process, from ensuring that starters, leavers and transfers are all processed correctly (from HR Systems into Payroll system), reviewing payroll instructions and results to signing off payment/payrolls and off cycle pay runs. Working with stakeholders such as Pensions, Finance and third parties to allocate costs and outputs.
The role holder will primarily be required to liaise with the payroll vendor to ensure smooth delivery of payroll services (supporting a weekly payroll and 3 types of monthly payroll), investigating and resolving queries and escalations for which our Payroll and HR are used extensively.
Additional activities will include:
- Responding to pay queries from People Experience Leads in the Payroll mailbox and resolving issues.
- Reconciling payroll data and carrying out rigorous checks to ensure the highest standards of pay data quality.
- Working with various HR, Global Mobility, and Global Reward teams to ensure that employee payroll data is correct and setup in time for cut off, as well as providing training and guidance to HR, GM or other stakeholders as needed.
- Responsible (together with payroll provider) for ensuring that UK tax and social security is correctly calculated and paid over to the authorities. The Payroll team also needs to provide retroactive corrections to HMRC via the EYU process.
- Corresponding with HMRC and other third parties, working with our tax providers to provide all compensation data requests for our Global Mobility population on the UK payroll.
- Other ad hoc activities such as faster payment runs, tracking overpayments, ONS requests and checking the 3rd party payroll providers calculations.
The successful candidate will have the ability of inspiring success and leading by example to other team members (perm or temp) as well as training other team members as and when needed.
The ideal candidate for the UK Payroll Specialist - HYBRID (Temp - with a view to Perm) role will have:
- First-class customer service skills
- Experience working in and running a large payroll
- SAP GlobalView and Workday systems are used extensively and knowledge of either/both is very advantageous (NOT essential)
- Knowledge of UK payroll legislation (such as PAYE, NIC, P60, P11d, P45, statutory payments) is preferable
- Experience of working with third party payroll vendors
- The successful candidate will be highly numerate and will have strong & advanced Excel skills to interrogate data
- Experience in self-managing projects, tracking tasks and assessing progress, handling data accurately
- Strong communication skills, being able to explain complex scenarios to senior employees and stakeholders
The UK Payroll Specialist - HYBRID (Temp - with a view to Perm) role offers an equivalent of £34,000 - £41,000 per annum.
This is a Hybrid role - offering 3 days from home & 2 days from the office per week.
Working week = 36.25 hours